1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wegmans Bid

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snowbrothers101, Aug 11, 2009.

1. snowbrothers101

snowbrothers101 Senior Member

I have a chance to submit a bid for two Wegmans in my area. Anyone with experience working with them previously? They are looking for a fixed monthly price as well as an hourly cost (operator only) and a cubic yard cost for salt. All 3 prices go together as one bid.

2. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

All I can say about wegmans is they run a good operation business wise. You should have no problems getting paid from them

3. digit

digit Member

They will pay just make sure you figure enough equipment they are all about service and are willing to pay for it just don't drop the ball for them.

4. snowbrothers101

snowbrothers101 Senior Member

My buddy in Rochester said he did a Wegmans previously and he billed over $130,000 for the season (I know of course they get more snow there then here in Philly but that seems like a big number). Although I know these lots can run more than 450,000 Sq Ft in most areas.

5. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

tough to get in, but once you do, you're golden and they're fairly loyal

6. theguynextdoor

theguynextdoor Senior Member

I know that all the wegmans around here require all snow to be pushed to one location behind the store or off the lot. No snow in the parking spaces or on islands. Obviously it takes a while to do that since the lot is huge. Make sure to ask about it or figure that in.

7. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

I think every lot is different, I see plenty with snow out front.