1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Weekend Storms

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by edshipp19, Dec 5, 2003.

1. edshipp19

edshipp19 Senior Member

I haven't had this happen until today. Some customers which are businesses that are only open during the week, called today and left messages saying they didn't want there lot done over the weekend because noone will be there, so it isn't necessary.(and who knows how much it will actually snow) What happens monday morning when they call saying i have ice all over my lot come take care of it. Do i bill normal rates plus extra I haven't called back yet so any advice would be appreciated

2. easthavenplower

easthavenplower Senior Member

call them tell them you dont do buisness like that you have to plow it.did you sighn a contract go bye that.if they dont like make sure they sign some kind of waiver you will get sued if someone falls.if they dont like that tell them to get someone else

3. tovoninc

tovoninc Senior Member

If you plow after it has a chance to set up you will have a mess on your hands. It will be hard on your equipment (icy snow that is frozen to the pavement) your final job will be lousy looking. Unless it melts between now and Monday tell your customer "pay me now or pay me later for the same snow event".

4. shadowmaker1969

shadowmaker1969 Junior Member
    from va

Do you have some that want you to plow? If so, go ahead and do those. When Monday comes and they call, go see if its frozen or a mess. If it is, I wouldnt do it. Too hard on the equipment.

Brad

5. edshipp19

edshipp19 Senior Member

These accounts all have good legit contracts, that don't mention anything about this circumstance. Looks like i found something to add next year. I convinced two to let me do it because i said i would charge 21/2 the normal amount if monday its all frozen and i had to bring the backhoe out to scrape it up But there is one still left that i couldn't get a hold of. He is a pita anyways i am thinking about just dropping him all together Well thanks for the input and good luck this weekend

6. jlag

jlag Junior Member

Was the lot frozen this morning???

7. edshipp19

edshipp19 Senior Member

I convinced the people to at least to do the walks So i know those were good no calls so i guess everything is fine

8. Hubjeep

Hubjeep Senior Member

A driveway customer once wanted me to wait until the end while we were expecting 14+"

No way :nono: Plow with the storm.

Besides that I would never be able to find the driveway, lol.

-John :cool:

9. GpGuy84

GpGuy84 Member

Wow, and I thought my dad was the only person who thought like that! He wanted me to wait till the storm we had in Boston this weekend was over before i plowed the 20+'' of snow. and even then he was convinced that the 40ish degree weather we will have would melt it all. :confused:

10. CPSS

CPSS Senior Member

We had 20" here over the weekend. I plowed all my customers Sat morning, Sat late afternoon, and again Sunday morning. Billed them all. It's too hard to plow 20" at the end. ( although I did see some guys trying!)