1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

weekend outlook

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sbvfd592, Dec 2, 2003.

1. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 Banned

this monring was nothing looks like we are going to get a taste my first taste in ct for this season...
    Trouble is brewing for late this week in the East and we are looking at the chance for the season`s first big winter storm. A strong upper low in the Midwest will interact with a surface low emerging from the Gulf. A strong high pressure system over New England will supply a source of cold air. The result will be a wintry mix or snow over the Ohio Valley, Appalachians, and the mid-Atlantic. Stay tuned to AccuWeather.com for more specific updates as the weekend approaches. :confused: :yow!: :bluebounc

2. tovoninc

tovoninc Senior Member

WE CAN ONLY HOPE!

3. easthavenplower

easthavenplower Senior Member

you havnt lived here long have you?its gonna be to warm during the day so the only chance of snow is at night.get used to it esspetially being in greenich your so close to ny and your also on the water so its warmer i dont plan on getting very much.if anything maybe an inch or two with alot of ice

4. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

i dont know easthavenplower.......looks like its gonna be a widespread snowstorm.......bring it on!:D

5. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

6. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 Banned

SNOW AHHHHHHHHHHHH sorry just venting:angel:

7. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

looks like a nor easter and they said its plowable :drinkup:

8. hoot

hoot Senior Member
    from SE Pa.

I don't know about the Philly area. My plow is in transit. Don't know if i'll have it ready for the weekend.

9. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 Banned

trac 1 storm slams us ... good first snow

trac 2 storm passes south of us NOTHING

10. 2004F550

2004F550 Senior Member

These weather guys can't really tell us whats going to happen with these Nor'easter's, just what might happen. Yester day it was a little snow changing to cold rain and now 24 hrs later it is 3 days of snow forcast for the Hartford area. All I can do is put my plows on and not get too excited. It would be nice just to get 3-5" for our first storm, something to get us into winter, but we'll have to see what happens.:D

John

11. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Severe Weather Alert from the National Weather Service

...BERGEN NJ-EASTERN PASSAIC NJ-NORTHERN FAIRFIELD CT- NORTHERN MIDDLESEX CT-NORTHERN NEW HAVEN CT-NORTHERN NEW LONDON CT- NORTHERN WESTCHESTER NY-ORANGE NY-PUTNAM NY-ROCKLAND NY- WESTERN PASSAIC NJ- 455 AM EST WED DEC 3 2003
    AS AN ARCTIC HIGH PRESSURE SYSTEM MOVES SLOWLY OFF THE COAST DURING THURSDAY... A WEAK LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM OVER KANSAS WILL MOVE NORTHEAST TOWARD OHIO. WITH ADEQUATE COLD AIR IN PLACE... LIGHT SNOW WILL DEVELOP FROM WEST TO EAST AFTER MIDNIGHT THURSDAY. ACCUMULATIONS FROM A LIGHT DUSTING TO A HALF INCH IS POSSIBLE BY THE TIME FRIDAY MORNING'S COMMUTE ENDS.

COMPUTER FORECAST MODELS ALSO SHOW THE DEVELOPMENT OF A LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM OFF THE CAROLINA COAST BY FRIDAY MORNING AS ANOTHER SURGE OF COLD AIR PUSHES SOUTH FROM CANADA. THIS SYSTEM WILL HAVE THE POTENTIAL TO DEVELOP INTO A STRONG COASTAL STORM DURING THE WEEKEND. ITS' IMPACTS... WHICH INCLUDE THE CHANCE FOR HEAVY PRECIPITATION AND HIGH WINDS... WILL DEPEND ON EXACTLY WHERE THIS LOW FORMS AND THE TRACK IT TAKES.

12. phoenix827

phoenix827 Member

Can I get a HELL YEA!!:D Now all I need is to find some new hoses, a drive sheave and a drive belt. All for free, (since I am broke) and get it all in before thurs night!!:eek: lol

13. easthavenplower

easthavenplower Senior Member

were not gonna get sh.. they always hipe up the first storm those of you from ct should know that if we get any wich i hope we do i will post on this thread and say how wrong i was

14. Q-Team Inc

Q-Team Inc Member

I'm just hoping it makes it up this far. We got the cool air. Now just need the system.:drinkup:

15. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

I really would be happy with just a small storm 3-4 incher im not 100% ready to go and would like to make sure everythings working smooth before a major storm.

16. litle green guy

litle green guy Senior Member

I just wish it would wait another 2 weeks. I have to much landscape work to wrap up before snow. Now we have to scamble to get everything ready.

17. thannigan

thannigan Member

yo 592 wat u guna be plowin with in this storm if we get it?
    we gota post those pictures

18. lotsoflights

lotsoflights Member

bring it on

YES! snow any snow at this point will be nice...I just want to get out there and do something....even if it is yelling at the people that do not know how to drive in the snow...anything at this point....the blade and sharp and the lights are ready....bring it on! :bluebounc

19. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Looks like it may stay out to sea now :( maybe snowshowers.Hopefully they are wrong

20. 2004F550

2004F550 Senior Member

Changed again, looks like it will now start Friday night through Saturday according to the Thursday morning weather. They are saying plowable or the 3-5" range right now. Looks like us in CT, RI, and parts of Mass. will get the most. Oh well we'll have to see what changes by tonights forcast. For now I'll be putting the plows on anf making sure everything works.
    :D John