1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Webster, NY 2/26 & 2/27

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by Dockboy19, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Dockboy19

Dockboy19 Junior Member

Pics of the storm that went though here. We got a little bit more seeing we are a 1/2 mile from Lake Ontario.

IMG_0268.jpg

IMG_0267.jpg

IMG_0272.jpg

IMG_0276.jpg

2. Evan1968

Evan1968 Junior Member

Hi dockboy ! Im across the bay in Irondequoit. It just didnt stop coming down. Wet and heavy! Where do you plow?

3. dieselfreak

dieselfreak Member

I live in Henrietta and the snow was just coming down and today was when it got really heavy but at least we got to plow.

4. Evan1968

Evan1968 Junior Member

We got dumped on sat morn. Went out just to do clean up and ended up being out for 12hrs on a shift that takes about 5hrs. Its been a long 2 days. Going back out at 2am this morning.

5. mc1

mc1 Senior Member

x2 what evan said

6. Dockboy19

Dockboy19 Junior Member

Evan I try and stay in the Webster/Ontario area. I don't know about you guys but I am sick of cleaning up the crap at the end of the driveways. Gotten some calls where the town has murdered the end of the driveways.

7. Evan1968

Evan1968 Junior Member

The Town trucks are the worst. Moving plowed in entrances during this storm was like moving half set up concrete. Im just in Iron. and do 26 commercials with another pick up, 3 loaders with pushers,sidewalk crew and 2 salt trucks. I grew up in Webster WHERE LIFE IS WORTH LIVING !

8. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

Gotta love it up here...and it sucks when your snowblower breaks and you still have a fresh 6 inches from the day after the big storm!!

9. dieselfreak

dieselfreak Member

I agree with the "concrete" at the end of the driveways it was a BI*** to get threw because its so heavy.

10. Dockboy19

Dockboy19 Junior Member

Funny thing I watched two town trucks try and go down my street....guess where one of them went to move out of the way? My huge pile at the end of my driveway that ended up back in the driveway. You should of seen these two trying to figure out what to do, it was entertaining for 15 mins.

11. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

Hahaha...its funny, I have a slight hill on the street my driveway faces, and the other day, one was going quite slow and was spinning half way up...happened 3 times before he backed way down and came flying up.

12. bigwhitesierra

bigwhitesierra Junior Member

Dieselfreak....

Im in Henrietta as well. Good to see other locals on here.

13. SnowMan87

SnowMan87 Junior Member

Hey man good pics...i plow in greece and its november 6th and i cant WAIT for the snow to fly nice to see some local people on this site !!

14. Mike N

Mike N Senior Member

Spencerport checking in.........

15. BMB Plowing

BMB Plowing Senior Member

wow, glad to see other people from the Ontario/Webster area on here!
    I just moved to Wayne County, and I'll be plowing in Webster this year for the first time. I hear you guys don't get as much snow out here, from what I'm used to at least, coming from Cazenovia/Syracuse area.
    But I hope it turns out to be a good year, let it snow!

16. BMAN1

BMAN1 Member

Greece Here! That February storm Was the hardest one ive done in twelve years of plowing. New Snow Dogg HD this year. Im ready!!!!!!!

17. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

Charlotte checking in - 300 feet from the lake. Ah, one has to love City of Rochester contract plowing. Watching them do my little dead end street is always worth a giggle.

BTW Jake, how many cans of shave cream did it take to fill your front yard for those pics?

Last edited: Nov 24, 2010
  18. BMAN1

BMAN1 Member

Traditionally this is the first week we end up with plowable snow. Maybe Friday according to the weatherman, but not likely. I can't wait to use this new plow.

19. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

Don't even think about it! I've got 789 miles to drive back to Rochester (from North Carolina) on Friday. the last thing I need is snow after 11+ hours behind the wheel. Then again, it would get me into the "plowing mode."

20. BMB Plowing

BMB Plowing Senior Member

We better get some snow here soon, I'm getting ansty.