1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Websites to look for used F550s?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

seems ebay, craigslist etc are all hard to find any?

Ive been considering a crew cab f550 2005-2007 for a while, even an 08 especially for this coming spring.

There was one for sale, an XL on a main highway near us, but the week after i looked at it when i called, was already sold. Didnt help spur my motivation though since it had no year, mileage or price on it :/

Id like to get an XLT, not a base xl but would still consider one, has to be a crew cab and the long wheelbase, 201"? for a 12' landscape body on it.

Ive considered ones WITH a body already and without, since ill pay seperately to have a 12' landscaper body installed for another 11-13k it seems more are going to cost.

Ive found some stuff on ebay, most are the short frames, not crew cabs, not 4x4 which it doesnt HAVE to have, ill get a 4-5 yard spreader installed in it eventually. Ford sells a bazillion of these every year, isnt there a better site to browse through some?
  2. Dumpster Guy

Dumpster Guy Member

try this site I find they have a very good inventory and good geographic coverage.....

3. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

4. sbrennan007

sbrennan007 Senior Member

5. SteveR

SteveR Senior Member

Try dicks ford trucks in NH 603-837-2767 He rebuilds trucks and also has trades..
  6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

7. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

Why the Heck would' ya buy an F-550???

Hydraulic dump trailers are more "cost effective" to buy. :nod:

8. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

How do you plow with a trailer?
  9. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

I don't know if you can get these over there, but the Auto Rv magazines have a lot of them. You can check online at autorv.com