1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Websites do work,for big storms!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by grandview, Nov 25, 2014.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I was checking my website hits for last week during the storm. In 2 days had almost 200 hits. My phone was ringing so much I thought it was going to melt. Now I'm getting calls to see if I have anything available because their plow guy didn't show up.
  2. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Time to expand!
  3. Sprag-O

Sprag-O Senior Member

Too bad Lancaster/Buffalo are 5 hours away. I've had 1" of snow up here so far...
  4. Chineau

Chineau Senior Member

I have checked out your web site did you hire out for it development or you have someone to do it for you? The first couple years I ran Facebook ads but my observation people that called were mostly looking to tire kick wanting the low baller, not my strategy. In your opinion are they qualified customers ready and able to pay your price, leads are great as long as it is not a heard of the folks that are "the people of wal-mart".
  5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Little bit of hyperbole there, don't you think?

Our "professional" staff? lol

I think we turned down more work than we added last week. Unless it was right along a current route, it didn't get added.
  6. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Leads should always be the goal. How you sell them is up to you. I remember a time in my business when I prayed for the phone to ring, didn't matter about what, now I kinda wish it would stop.
  7. grandview

Should add, the calls from the website were younger people, and the older ones said they got my number from the phone book.
  8. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

What's a phone book?
  9. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

I'm surprised mark knows what the Internet is
  10. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

I know how you feel. Only thing that keeps me positive is thinking of the alternative and a sincere "thank you" from someone we helped.
  11. MR. Elite

MR. Elite Senior Member
    from E Town

HAHAHA….. (Customer, Thank you…. Sincere!?!) Thats almost completely unheard of in my parts!! LOL
    But when they do come… I treat cherish them, Like GOLD!!
  12. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

The 200 hits were from me trying to hack in to your website.
  13. grandview

Checking website hits again,not sure what's going on,but I'm a big hit in South America. 50 hits in the last month!
  14. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

I hate those calls during events... Always driveways, waste of time.. Still owed $$$ from helping people 5 years ago..
  15. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

Spammers I bet :dizzy: