1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

website- you guys asked for it

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by IMAGE, Nov 14, 2008.

1. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

hey here is my new website.

f a r g o s n o w DOT c o m ( remove the spaces) please dont repost the website name on plowsite without the spaces.

Its about 95% done, I just have to do some work on the rotating ad spaces. Our radio commmercials can be heard on here also, click the link on the left side.

2. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

That is a nice site

3. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

Ok, one comment
    the commercial stuff is at the bottom. most people won't see it. Everything should display or be linked from the top of the page. People rarely scroll down beyond their screen. (true, check it, professional designers know this).

You should either get commercial up top, or put a link or something
    JMHO

4. NorthernSvc's

NorthernSvc's Senior Member

looks fancy, i like the radio commercials. but i would definately agree with lone cowboy, you want to try to make the website so they arent scrolling.

5. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

great page, if i enter to win, will you still come out and plow my driveway for free? im only in western ny...

6. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

thanks guys. I am thinking of building a link bar for the top.

Haha no, sorry redman, you must be in our service area. I still have to create a page with contest details, limitations, and all that fancy stuff.

7. snowguys

snowguys Senior Member

hey nice site hows the radio ads doing for you? i thinking about doing something like that if you dont mind what did that cost you?

8. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

pm sent snowguys

9. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

Looks good Image. Good thinking having the accuweather stuff there. Just a note, there is a miswording in your Commercial section.

"The defeats the purpose of being in business in the first place." This sentence doesn't make sense.

Also, you've got "our" twice in your bulleted points.

Join our our growing list of satisfied customers

10. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Thanks, I will fix that this evening.

11. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

looks good! how the heck did you get the weather on there? ive been trying to get accuweather on my site no for 15 minutes and it says i cant open the file extension, did you have this problem?

12. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

I paid a friend to build the site :D

I can do simple html stuff, so I can fix the spelling mistakes, change pictures, and stuff like that, but I asked Dan from LMS to build me a site because I knew he could do better then me.

13. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

did a couple updates, just added an menu link bar, and made the form fields required (took some reading to figure that out lol).

Thanks for the input guys

14. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Hmmm, like scrolling down to find forums?

Or the new posts button?

Or when you want to type in a reply to a thread?

Professional designers you say?

15. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

me likey...but seriously nice site, this should definately pay for itself with more customers calling you

16. srg

srg Junior Member
    from USA

nice site!
    easy navigation is key as people dont have patience to dig around

17. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

I couldn't get the radio ads to open. Tried where ever I found the link.

Good Looking site. Lots of information.

18. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Thanks for the info. On my computer (running vista) when they are clicked they open Windows Media Player automatically and start playing.

However right now I am on a computer running XP and when I click the link it opens a new blank page with nothing there. However I can download them by right clicking the link and choosing "save target as" .

If you want to hear them you can download them that way.

I will look into seeing if it is something I can fix so it works with all browsers/systems easily.

19. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

haha ok its fixed. Actually it was this computer, as I suspect it is with yours QuadPlower.

I went and clicked on the link again and Windows Media Player (WMP) opened and said I required an update. I downloaded the update (WMP 11) and now when I click the link it opens and runs just like it should.

So basically you just have to update WMP, and you may have to adjust the settings on it that "allow WMP to open content from the web" (that window popped up on me after the install, and I clicked ok)

20. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

I'm running Vista and when I click on it, a web page address comes up at the bottom for like a 1/2 second and then it says DONE. But there is nothing there.

On a nother note, IT'S SNOWING HERE!! suppose to get 10" to the west of me, and .5" here which sucks.