1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

website software

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by hammerdstone, Aug 28, 2011.

1. hammerdstone

hammerdstone Junior Member

Was just wondering if anybody here has used or tried the software that you can buy from this web site.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I do it the old fashion way!
    [​IMG]

3. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

A website is just a bunch of HTML and sometimes java.
    Open up notepad and code all of it

4. highmark923

highmark923 Member

There are plenty of low cost hosting and website building packages out there where you don't need to know HTML or code. Do a google search and pick one where it's the easiest for you to get started right away.

5. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

This is the best option if you want something cheap, and know NOTHING about HTML. If you want to stand out though, pay someone to build you a site. Most of the beginner software out there is no better than what the hosting companies offer, they put a lot of unnecessary junk code in your pages and may not look the same on all browsers. As for a more advanced web building software, I use Visual Studio, but I'm far from a novice user, someone who's never seen HTML would be completely lost in VS. Avoid the "free" websites, you get ads with those and they look very unprofessional.

6. highmark923

highmark923 Member

I would agree 100%. For something with no ads with some cost and a defined brand that is only for you check out templatemonster.com.

PS. It's nice to know others are working in VS or VSTS on this site...