1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

website ideas

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by fastxcr800, Feb 8, 2010.

1. fastxcr800

fastxcr800 Member

I'm looking for some ideas for a website, i offer lawn care snow removal services. Any examples of sites would be appriciated.

2. Watkins

Watkins Member

Do you plan to code the page yourself ? If so your in for hours and hours of work like I did, and accomplish pages that look like a middleschool student's 1st page.
    As I have no experience or training with html or page design, however it was a fun attempt.

Sites such as homestead are nearly an instant page, all the templates are there and it's files are easy to access, ( so I heard but I dont like it cause I wrecked my page trying to edit it ) I like to free ball the html index,about us, and pics as well as a blog spot for my webpage, I found my page rank climbed a small amount after adding a blog spot.

Your page is you, it should be who you are and what your about, Good heavens I hope people are not too judgemental on the skills vested into my page, and I pray they do not associate the progress of my webpage to the skills in the field of lawncare & snowplowing.

Good luck with your webpage, and remember if you dont start your webpage now, someone else will make one and you will be behind them so get going and make a webpage, mine costs about 10 bucks a month but if you have someone make your page it may cost 200-600 + to have the images and content tables created ( coded ) unless you google webpage help.

3. fastxcr800

fastxcr800 Member

my brother in law is making the site for me (he does this for a living) so the price wont break the bank. I'm hoping this will assist in making a professional looking business. i think websites are very important, everybody searches the web instead of using the phonebook nowadays

4. snowfighter75

snowfighter75 Senior Member

I'll have my new site up and running in about a week from now. Feb 25 at max. Check it out when its up and running. bmdsnowremoval.com

5. WayneSnow

WayneSnow Senior Member

6. nhpatriot

nhpatriot Senior Member

If you would like to look at my website for ideas you are welcome to.
    click on "Snow and Ice Removal". My snow removal business is all commercial, but you may be interested in design, etc.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
  7. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

I use justhost.com.....works great for me