1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Website Development and Hosting?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by ibelee, Dec 17, 2005.

1. ibelee

ibelee Senior Member

Anyone know of a cheap website development and hosting company?

I spent 6 hours on line today trying to do it myself...I give up.

I thought I had seen posts on here from guys that did it on the side, but when I did a search I didn't get any hits.
  2. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

As far as webhosting I use netfirms.com but as far as cheapest I dunno but they are reliable. I made my own site www.powaman.netfirms.com
    just a lame personal site, I used macromedia dreamweaver. It isn't too hard to make a nice site with it but hafta know how to use it.
  3. bigjoe871

bigjoe871 Senior Member

I know a couple of guys, but depends on what you want. Drop me a PM and I'll send their info. Just be warned, they are going to need to know what you want before they give numbers.

If it's something easy then I know a lot of guys, if it's harder maybe not so many.
  4. Pro-lawns

Pro-lawns Junior Member
    from colo

5. DJDarknez

DJDarknez Member

6. ibelee

ibelee Senior Member

Web Development

Thanks to all who have responded.

It would appear that there are pleanty of hosting avenues.

I will take all of your hosting suggestions under advisement.

It would appear that developement is more the problem.

Big Joe, I am contacting your guy for pricing. Thanks.

I have developed a preliminary layout that I would like to send to anyone who can do the internet part of the development. It has developed into about a 19 page layout with more tabs, links, and information than I could ever even think about developing on the internet. Although still incomplete, I believe the layout will provide enough information to let any developer know what direction I'm going. A little imagination from the developer would be needed and appreciated.

If anyone else knows of someone up to the task, please let me know.

Thanks to everyone for their help.
  7. bigjeeping

bigjeeping Senior Member

I grew up with this guy and I still seem him on a weekly basis... he does everything....... html, java, flash. He can write pages like crazy purplebou

Check out his webpage..... he has a resume of all the pages he has built on there

He charges decent rates, and it's well worth it, as you can see!
  8. ibelee

ibelee Senior Member

Thanks to all.

I e-mailed your buddy the preliminary layout. We have a phone appointment for tomorrow evening. Thanks.
  9. bigjeeping

bigjeeping Senior Member

No problem, just doing my duty
  10. Pete7

Pete7 Member

11. foggyjr5

foggyjr5 Member

I know a guy that could make you up a real nice web site, if you still need one. Send me a PM if you are still interested.
  12. Precision Lawn

Precision Lawn Senior Member

How did you make out with your web site
  13. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

too late?

i dunno if its too late but i have done a few on the side, real resonable and takes about 2-3 wks (as i do it on the side) you can host it for free or for better qualitly for a fee, drop me a pm if your interested
  14. brunosplace

brunosplace Senior Member

Free Hosting

:) I found these guys and have used them for years to host 5 different sites, http://www.doteasy.com the hosting is free and no banner or pop-up B.S. to deal with. If you need more than the free 100 megs of space and 1 gb of traffic the prices are pretty good also.:)
  15. THE BOSS 1975

THE BOSS 1975 Senior Member