1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Webpage or facebook page or both

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by RLM, Aug 29, 2011.

1. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

I recently started creating a facebook page for my business, it already shows up if I google search the business name. Thinking a webpage maybe in the future but this is a start. Feel free to check it out @ rlm snow services. Still trying to find more pics of my equipment, I have one I took a couple years ago that had all (4 @ the time) trucks & the bobcats in front of our current shop that was nice, haven't come across it though

2. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

I personally think a company website is just as important as good tires on your plow truck,

Take advantage of YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn...its all free and you'd be very suprised what comes of it.

SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is equally important to be found online. There are many online services that allow you to build your own website, real easy and doesnt take much time or money, you can update, edit and re-arrange things as often as you want.

Good luck.:drinkup:

3. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

I've got a FB page but really havn't pushed it though..... my website does pretty good and was VERY reasonable to have created and hosted........

4. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

I've got a facebook page, Ward & Co. LLC, and have a lot of fun with it. It's a great way to get pictures and testimonials out there.

5. IreneS

IreneS Junior Member
    from US

To have your site for your business is really important especially nowadays that internet is consider as a basic necessities of human and also almost all of the people use internet everyday. Having a facebook page is another way of advertising your site so have them both.

6. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

Both

Both are very important as addressed above. The more you can get your name out, the easy you are to find.

7. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

I believe website is needed to bring in new business and use Facebook to communicate with your customer base. Every time we send quotes or I voices out it has a business card with our web address and Facebook page

8. BOSS LAWN

BOSS LAWN Senior Member

Do it, networking is KEY to growing! I recently inquired a new lot for snow plowing through Facebook. You could also register with the BBB (Better Business Bureau), that alone is enough to put you out there.

Speaking from experience. :nod:

9. rv4jesus

rv4jesus Member

10. BOSS LAWN

BOSS LAWN Senior Member

Excellent site, I enjoy the detail put into it!

11. rv4jesus

rv4jesus Member

thanks

I told my wife launching it felt like giving birth to a baby, she said I had no idea. :dizzy:

12. rv4jesus

rv4jesus Member

facebook page

Boss Lawn, I couldn't find you FB page. Please tell me how to find it.

13. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Those of you who have a website ,make sure you claim it as the owner of it. People will write reviews of your business. and it will bring it up the ladder search. This way you can respond to any reviews of your company.

14. StratfordPusher

StratfordPusher Senior Member

Dito

Take what is free, and use it to build your business... free is always good...

Al

15. 7_below

7_below Senior Member

I've had a FB page for about 3 years and a majority of my clients are on there. It's a great way to communicate with them and send out notices or specials. I also have a website that I started about 4 yrs ago.
    If you want to start a basic website, go to go daddy and get a domain name. It's pretty cheap. You can do a 1yr, 3yr or I think there might be a 5yr plan. Once your get that, check out Yola.com. It's a free web hosting company. It's really easy to set up. This way you can put your FB and Website link on any post or ad online. If you do Craigslist, local news ads or even emailing, you can attach your link to all of that.
    I'm not endorsing any of these websites I mentioned, I'm just trying to help out. It worked for me when deciding what to do.