1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

web site

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by JET enterprises, Jan 7, 2006.

1. JET enterprises

JET enterprises Senior Member

i seen all these websites and have been thinking about getting one for a while and my friend is doign to for me so i know itll come out great, just one problem the domains jetenterprises.com jet-enterprises.com and i dont wanna add something stupid to the end like online or MA.. any one have any ideas that can help me out?

2. RayGauthier

RayGauthier Member

domain name

Just use your name advertising is hard Enough!!!!!
    All I can really add is use your name you are plowing under don't put on line people will think you are a on line store what's what I think .
    :yow!: :yow!:

3. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

I am assuming that jetenterprises.com is already taken, it was kind of hard to follow your train of thought. If I'm correct, then try making the web name bigger. Yes I said bigger, short ones can be confusing. If you do driveway sealing than call your website name:jetenterprisesdrivewaysealing.com, or drivewaysealingbyjetenterprises.com. People only have to type it once then they save it in Favorites for future use.

However, if they are already taken and you try to do something similar people surfing for yours might land on theirs and hire them instead.

4. JET enterprises

thanks guys.. after reading both i was thinking about either jetenterprisesplowing.com or jet-plowing.com but now that i look at them i like the first one better :yow!:

5. iakentdoz

iakentdoz Senior Member

Short domain names are much easier to type in without spelling it wrong. But I use both, I have www.hls-nl.com and www.heartlandlawnservices.com and also www.hartlandlawnservices.com just incase heart was spelled wrong. Also you might want to try jetenterprises-ma.com and or je-ma.com

6. Grn Mtn

Yes they are, but if your sitting at the computer without the web address in-front of you, you'll get very frustrated trying to figure out what the short hand is, and hyphens are a pain in the butt.

Here in Rochester someone got smart a while back and realized this, so when they started up a website for employment they decided to call it rochesterhelpwanted.com, the slogan said "long name, great site" or something close to that.

My point is, make it as simple as possible, even if it means making it longer. Use jetenterprisesplowing.com. Then make sure your main page identifies your location so people know they have the right one. Good luck, RH

7. iakentdoz

iakentdoz Senior Member

True, but if a person can't spell it, they wont ever find it. That's why you should have a lease 2 domain names pointing to the same web site.

8. daninline

daninline Senior Member

you can register more then one domain and hve them all point to the same web site.
    Some companys will register the common miss spelled name so people will still get to there site.

i use doteasy.com free hosting and it includes 100mb of storage.
    I have had them for about 5 years now with little down time.

Good luck.

9. Grn Mtn

I agree, but Google takes care of that pretty good. Mine comes up second thanks to automatic submissions.

10. iakentdoz

iakentdoz Senior Member

Google is nice. Also Short domain names cost big bucks if someone else owns the rights to them. Some one owns (but does not use it) hls.com and want $2000.00 for the rights to it. Too much from me.

11. JET enterprises

Its Done

my friend finished it last night for me and its up and running today.. and for a junior in high school id say he did awesome and by doing it for me i agreed to let all of you know that he is willinging to do it for any of you.. thanks for all the input guys and bring on the criticism bc we all know its a plowsite trademark