1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

web cams ?

Discussion in 'Weather' started by CS-LAWNSERVICE, Oct 29, 2011.

2. HEStufrthnnails

HEStufrthnnails Senior Member

Hey thanks for the tip. Thats pretty cool. Another one is weatherbug.com. They have live camera's to.
  3. DodgeBlizzard

DodgeBlizzard Senior Member

Oh man thanks for the link. I'm only about 8 miles away from town, but so many times it's like two different worlds during snow storms. I can't tell you how many times I've had snow here at the house and five miles away I enter into town with nothing, not even a spec of snow. This will allow more peace of mind and also sleep. I've looked in the past for live cams like this but had no luck. I guess new stop lights DO have benefits. Thanks again. Man I love this site. You guys rock.
  4. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

I do use local traffic cams but one problem is that roads are typically treated and traveled and as such they have less snow buildup on them than parking lots and driveways. You can really get caught with your pants down if you are looking at roads. Try to find a camera that has a lot of grass or an untreated parking lot area for a better point of reference.

Weatherbug seems to use the same camera's I was checking there links out ( http://www.trafficland.com/city/BAL/?rsid=weatherbug)