1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Chefdrp, Jan 13, 2005.

1. Chefdrp

Chefdrp Member

we are having crazy weather here in western NY. Today high of 65 and tonight dropping to the 20s with a little snow showers. Anyone having weather like this?
  2. IndySnowPlow

IndySnowPlow Senior Member
    from Indiana

Nothing weird here.....always like that in Indiana
  3. Doc_77

Doc_77 Junior Member

we got that in Chicago . it was raining all night and in the 40's. now it's snowing :)
  4. Up North

Up North Senior Member

yeah, yesterday we had 28 degrees with 3-4" of snow...today we have -11 below for a high and tomorrow's high is supposed to be -18 with the lows at -32. Those are actual temps, the wind chill will be be -40 to -50 range. :eek:

5. Check this out!!!!!! Yesterday I was wearing shorts and a t shirt, It was 70 degrees :cool: Rained like a ***** overnight with storms and lightning, around 9am temps drop and starts snowing like crazy. EVERYTHING is white except for the streets and parking lots,,,,WTF :realmad:
  6. Plow King

Plow King Senior Member

Cleveland, Ohio
    Currently: 68°F Cloudy

I have shorts on on January 13th! :gunsfiring:
  7. mickman

mickman Senior Member

the grass hasn't even went dormant yet! the mid-atlantic area really sucks thus far, maybe will be plowing through April, or maybe we'll have mulched our accounts by March.
  8. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

Same in Central Ohio. I've thought about starting to prune and mulch, except it rains every freakin day. So far in Jan we have only had one day with no rain, last Sunday. We haven't salted or plowed since the big storm just before Xmas. Made alot of money, would like to keep it flowing though. It doesn't look to promising for snow or ice in the near future. Should have been in the tree business this year! I do have some clean up jobs with all the fallen branches and tree limbs, just need a couple of dry days so we don't have to wear hip boots to get in peoples yards so we can clean up the messes.
  9. Bldrs83

Bldrs83 Member

Plowed a 9" storm with high winds one week, the next week we got an ice storm with over an inch of ice, then the next week, we have been filling sand bags in 66 degree weather to keep the flood waters out of our house where the temp is supposed to drop to single digits tomorrow. :dizzy:
  10. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Yep, yesterday we had severe thunderstorms, heavy rain, almost 1/4 visibility with fog and a high of 40 degrees. The best part of this is all on 6" snowpack. The NWS said that they can't remeber ever having severe storms with that much snow on the ground and fog. Today its been a high of 32 degrees and falling all day. Tomorrow might even be lucky to get above 0 degrees. This is crazy. :dizzy:
  11. michigan Joe

michigan Joe Junior Member

Same thing in Michigan. Record high in traverse city yesterday 49 degrees, tonight it's supposed to drop below 0. There was a 200 car pile up down state because of the fog. This is my first year plowing and ready for some snow. Although winter probably wont make it this year summer never did.
  12. alittle1

alittle1 Member

Plow King....

....I was wearing shorts today too, .....under my trap door underwear, covered with my jeans and insulated coveralls.
  13. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

was 55 here yesterday and today it was 35 around 10 am and slowly dropping. we are suppose to get 1-3" by midnight, then about 1" tomorrow.
    One positive side of the heating and cooling is when you plow you dont have to push the snow back real far becuause it just melts in the next few days. :)
  14. PlowVA

PlowVA Senior Member

Today mid 60's, tomorrow mid 30's. Still no sign of a snowflake this season...
  15. snowinjoe

snowinjoe Senior Member

+12c this morning took the little guy out for a walk in a spring coat. Strong winds from the south. By three when i picked my daughter up from school it was about 0 and turning from rain to a heavy ice rain. mix of ice and rain for an hour with the wind blowing from the north. Snow started at four :) and I just got the call :redbounce :redbounce . we are at 1in 1/2 already.