1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Weather websites

Discussion in 'Weather' started by D_Yurik, Nov 5, 2008.

1. D_Yurik

D_Yurik Junior Member

what web site do you guys think is the most accurate?

2. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

3. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

^^^^^^^^^^^agreed.

4. VBR

VBR Member

5. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

I use a combination of Accuweather & the National Weather Service. Usually if they disagree and I average them, it comes out close.

6. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

www.noaa.gov seems to be the most reliable to me. hourly graphs are very helpful

7. scitown

scitown Senior Member

http://www.nws.noaa.gov/view/states.php click on your state and then click on "Forcast discussion" They have a few offices per state usually so make sure you pick the NWS office discussion nearest you or else it really wont work. 7 out of 10 local news outlets will almost read these verbatum on the 11pm forcast. Well they kindof translate them sometimes. Read them for a while and you will figure it out. No joke sometimes you will hear a local Met read full statements from it. If you find a met that isn't reading from it stick with them they probably know thier stuff.