1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Weather watch for Indianapolis

Discussion in 'Weather' started by oldschoo, Jan 19, 2007.

1. oldschoo

oldschoo Senior Member

Anyone know the latest about indianapolis snow to come? It looks to me like for the next 7-10 days we're supposed to be seeing snow most every day or night! Hope it's some heavy doses! payup

2. GSU Lawn

GSU Lawn Member

I watched 4 different local stations and all 4 said something different.The timing, track and amount were all different. Maybe they will have a better idea tonight and tommorrow.The only thing they are agreeing on is it is over that magical 2" barrier.

3. oldschoo

oldschoo Senior Member

indy weather

I really hope so! I hope it's 6 in or more so people will want their driveways done. I'm ready 2 work!!!

4. bob21

bob21 Junior Member
    from ohio

:dizzy: 2 inches i hope they dont know even 3 hours out what is going to happen good luck
    hope u all get snow

5. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

1 Station says 1-3 another says 2-4 another says 3-4 Who the hell knows.I just hope it as at least 2 hoping for 4.

RCGM
    brad

6. bob21

bob21 Junior Member
    from ohio

:dizzy: pray 2 or more 2 or more lol:help:

7. oldschoo

oldschoo Senior Member

This winter is not a good one for a first time snow remover. The waiting is driving me mad! :realmad: I'm going to have to try another occupation for this one isn't 2 coo this year!:yow!:

8. zippy3497

zippy3497 Junior Member

Now its being downgraded..... 1" snow & then sleet ...freezing rain :eek:

9. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Really what station did you watch? I just watch 10 clock news and checked the most reliable and conservative source www.weather.com Zippy you signed up with anyone yet?

10. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

WHAT?1 inch by 6 am then 2-4 more by 12 pm or 1 pm with flurries and sleet till 5 pm.I will be out by noon.

RCGM
    Brad

11. oldschoo

oldschoo Senior Member

We got about 4 inches in Indy Saturday night. We made some lute Sunday!payup
    It seem like my shuvel works more fast than the throwers I saw working. Granted it's more work, but I don't mind working! Hope we get some more soon!

12. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

Hells Ya.I got a call this morning at 7.It was suppose to start at 7 and it was done at 7.We got 4 inches.We went out at 7 just got in at 12 tonight 17 hours later am tired got 19 drives done 2 condo complex 2 strip centers and 1 subdivision.We had a pretty profitable day.It was the good old wet nasty snow good for stacking horrible for snowthrowers and shovels.I am ready for some more.What else could you ask for a good profitable day and the COLTS are going to the super bowl.Boy what a great day.

RCGM
    Brad

13. oldschoo

oldschoo Senior Member

It was a great day indeed! I made more yesterday than waiting tables no doubt! It was actually very easy with the shuvel for me. I'm in really good shape though and only 24 so that helps. Avg driveway only took me 10 minutes! But of course I was hustling. Too bad it's going to be another week or more b4 we may get another snow :cool:

14. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

Where you wait tables at?

RCGM
    Brad

15. oldschoo

oldschoo Senior Member

I used to be at Outback Steakhouse. I made like $15/hr avg ( counting tips and everything). Yet shuveling snow I made like $20-25/hr avg ( net )! And 1/2 of that was walking and knocking on doors so I wasn't even working hard 1/2 the time! If it was real steady I coulda made prolly $30-35/hr or more! Why do u ask?

16. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

What outback Greenwood store?I have friends that work at castleton and Greenwood.

RCGM
    Brad

17. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

3-6 inches of snow for Indianapolis starting Tuesday at noon.Hells ya I am amped:redbounce :redbounce

RCGM
    Brad

18. payton

payton Senior Member

quit jinxing us

19. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

:rolleyes: its coming full boar no stopping this one .6 inches coming strong.

RCGM
    Brad

20. GSU Lawn

GSU Lawn Member

I'm up here in Anderson where is has only been coming down for 45 min. and we already have an inch on the ground and the real heavy stuff is not supposed to fall till between 4 and 7 o'clock. Looks like it could be a good onepurplebou purplebou