1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Weather Tracker

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Precision1, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Precision1

Precision1 Junior Member

Any idea what is the best web site for getting snow depths around Michigan? I'm doing foreclosed homes and they are 100 mile radius and am trying to see what got what after each storm. NOAA has some stuff but I bet there's one better.

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

If you are doing them why not get totals when you plow?
    I stick a ruler in a open spot on each lot and write it down at the time.
    Works every time and I don't have to worry about looking up totals later.
  3. Precision1

Precision1 Junior Member

I have to do them at 2" and some area's I don't want to drive and check out to see if it's close.

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

I guess in that case I would try the interactive radar that TWC has on their site. You can move around with your mouse to find the area of choice.

Got to weather.com and type in your zip code at the top and look down about mid page for your local weather. It will show a smaller map but you can click on it to get full page.

If you are doing these after the storm has passed or the next day I am sure you can find totals on any local newspaper site for your area.
  5. Precision1

Precision1 Junior Member

Ok i'll try that Thanks.
  6. kevin1000

kevin1000 Junior Member

7. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

and then any local stations should have radar updates on their webpage

that's about all i know...
  8. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

Call a gas station that is near your furthest away places. Or some 24 hour place.

Get their name and if they are right, swing by and give them a couple bucks when you are done.
  9. Snowshow

Snowshow Member

Go to the MDOT website and look at the acitive traffic cameras near your location. They are updated every three minutes or somthing like that. You can see if the roads near your locations are snow covered or not or if the camera shows that it's snowing. Better then driving 50 or 100 miles to see if it's accumulating. Just my 02.
  10. Turbodiesel

Turbodiesel Senior Member

I'd love to do that but snow tends to drift . People like to pay for an average . Thats great if you stipulate it .