1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Weather/Snow Insurance

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by NW Snow Removal, Nov 2, 2009.

1. NW Snow Removal

NW Snow Removal Senior Member

Does anyone have a weather/snow fall insurance policy? Meaning that if it doesn't snow enough or snows a lot and you have seasonals with no cap insurance co. would reimburse you? I heard that some companies are able to offer such low seasonal quotes because they are covered in case of a heavy winter. Does anyone have experience with this?
  2. Sno Biz

Sno Biz Member
    from Chicago

I heard from a few different condo complexes that competing bidders had a 60" max snowfall limit. after 60" there would be additional charges. Dont know if its a flat fee or per plow basis.
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Why would the ave. plow guy need it? And it would cost more them what you make ,
    I think?
  4. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

not made for the average guy but instead for the guy who charges xxx for a seasonal price and ends up gettn hammered....the only way i could see this working is if you way underbid and knew you were gonna lose money,,, then just back yourself up in insurance...the more i write bout it the stupider it gets
  5. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

There's a Plowsite member that sells this type of insurance. I think he goes by the name Vortex.