1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

weather service subscription

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by plowking35, Nov 14, 2002.

1. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

I am looking into trying The National Weather Station Inc. for their yearly weather serivce, and was wondering if anyone has experience with this company specifcally. I am not interested if you have used other seervices just this one.
    Dino

2. Ohiosnow

Ohiosnow Senior Member
    from Ohio

Dino

I don't but I think my Car wash account does :waving: (90% sure). I'll check today & get back with you.

3. Ohiosnow

Ohiosnow Senior Member
    from Ohio

Dino

Yes, my friend used it for 3 yrs but hasn't used it in the last 2 yrs.
    He said it was good info but not worth the price for the carwash.
    He & I both use Intellacast.com for our weather info ;) .
    :waving: Intellacast has everything you could ask for snow,rain wind,clouds,ect. ,but it's only updated every 15 min.

If you have anything you want me to ask him about just let me know.:waving:

4. plowking35

from SE CT

Thanks for the info. The yearly subscription is only $ 600.00, which is cheap for weather subscription services. If it helps with just a few storms for routing and final plowings, it will worth it.
    Not to mention it will aid with our business the other 8-9 months of the year.
    Dino

5. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

plowking35 - Does this sevice have any snow depth/coverage charts. Or snow totals kept for a couple of days after a storm?

Looking for a good weather site, so I can use snow data as part of invoicing documents, etc.

CGB

6. plowking35

from SE CT

They will give you whatever you want. Basic service is daily forcasts, weekly 10 day forcast on Friday, and during weather events updates every 6 hours or as warranted by weather changes. These are all faxed and emailed to you. They also have a 24 hr hotline where you can call in and talk to a meteorologist.
    They have site specific maps available for snow totals, I purposly asked that question.
    Their number is 1-877-447-6699 ask for Dan Ventola
    Dino

7. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

plowking35 - Thanks for the info., I will give him a call.

CGB

PS. Saw first flakes of the season today!:D

8. ChicagoSnow

ChicagoSnow Senior Member

Snoworks,

Try calling Mark Carroll at Murray and Trettel, Inc. (Certified Consulting Meteorologists) out of Northfield, IL. www.weathercommand.com (847)446-7800 x 130
    Fax: (847)446-8480

They have a very thoughrough, detailed and vast array of snow forecasting/documentation services.

Please tell him Joe Pacocha sent you!

"ChicagoSnow"

9. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

10-4 Joe, I will give them a call as well.

CGB