1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Weather Patterns

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SlimJim Z71, Sep 10, 2001.

1. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

Living in the greater Chicagoland area, I'm starting to think that there are no such things as weather "patterns". We can have a little dose of each season in one day. Woke up this morning (freezing because I left my window open all night), and noticed that distinctive smell in the air that smells like winter. Being only the middle of September, I'm not getting my hopes up for snow in the next few weeks, but I am thinking of maybe getting started getting everything in order a little early. Something tells me (maybe high hopes) that winter will be a little earlier this year. In this area, we usually get the scorching hot temps in late August. It's actually been very cool and comfortable. Maybe with any luck at all, the snow will be a little more plentiful this year in my area. I'm guessing Mr. Allin and those in his area could go for a little less this year, but I'm hoping for a busy one...

Just ranting.

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Tim - if you're ranting, then I'm out of my head. I need some snow to help get some of the money back I've spent this summer on snow toys. My wife's starting to look at me as if I've gone around the bend. She's going with me to Poughkeepsie in October, though.
  3. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Good Mick, it will give my wife someone to talk to, LOL.

4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Hey, Chuck. I just asked my wife and she's interested in knowing if any of the wives would be interested in getting together for supper Friday night and/or breakfast Sat morning to organize a shopping and/or sight-seeing tour. We may want to start a separate thread about this.
  5. Taconic

Taconic PlowSite.com Veteran

Sounds good Mick i can come up with some ideas and places for all of the wives to go for shopping or site seeing as there is some not too far from here
  6. plowjockey

plowjockey PlowSite.com Sponsor

Yeah get the wives out of the way and they will have to call out the national guard. LOL
    Tim, rant all you want just let some of it fall down here to Dayton.