1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Weather Men Suck!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Chevytruck85, Feb 10, 2005.

1. Chevytruck85

Chevytruck85 Senior Member

What Happend To The 10-12 Inces For Tonight Woke Up No They Say Nothing But Rain. Anybody Else Get Thrown Off By This Storm?
  2. killed300ex

killed300ex Senior Member

yea i was all ready to go out this morning they called for 15 inchs yesterday morning then about the same through last night then when i woke up it was raining and they have moved the accumulation down to 3 inchs. How can they blow a prediction by that much? Ohh well guess there isnt much we can do about it now.
  3. GSE

GSE Senior Member

Career Change......

I think I want to be a weather person.

I would be able to cause mass hysteria for nothing, and then go 'Opps, we missed on this one....' and not have any accountability.

I know the weather isn't controllable, and isn't always predictable, but to predict 12-24" in my area and then have nothing but rain? Come on now....
  4. vanwhyjr

vanwhyjr Senior Member

Yeah it was a swing and a miss for the Pocono's too. :cry:
  5. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

I knew it was going to die on the vine im taking my plow off
  6. johntwist

johntwist Senior Member

Yeah, they really cried "wolf" on this one.
    On Tuesday they were calling for 6 to 12 and maybe up to 18 in the northwest part of Mass.
    Yesterday it was down to 1 to 4 for the South Shore and Cape and maybe 4 to 6 North and West.
    Today it's down to rain. They really blew it.
    :gunsfiring: weatherman
  7. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

And to think they get payed 100k a year.Were's my application i'll work for 50k :(
  8. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

dont you guys know that they are in bed with demoulas and shaws .. :rolleyes:
  9. sir spaniourd

sir spaniourd Senior Member

I was begging for snow for two main reasons:
    1. I have water leaks all over my house
    2. I am in need of some payup

To be off a couple of inches is understandable. To be off more than 15" makes me really angry. :nono:
    how can they be so wrong. And they also think it is funny they were so off the predictions.
  10. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

they stink

i cant even explain how mad i was last night, i left work and picked up my plow truck; brought it home and spent 3 hours going over the truck making sure it was ready for the wet ****. I go in and my grandma says no snow till thursday night i was fumeing....
  11. avalancheplow

avalancheplow Senior Member

Great News the weather man upgraded us! We went from 10-15" to a dusting-1" now too 1-3"!!!. Got to love those guys :realmad: :realmad:
  12. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

what other job that you know of pays that well and you get to screw up as much as you want!! :rolleyes:
  13. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Still expecting 1-3" tonight :rolleyes:

About an inch or so down now and still snowing supposedly stopping in the morning. I just put my plow on just in case, i don't expect to do much more then scrape my driveway though :(
  14. killed300ex

killed300ex Senior Member

well its finally snowing out prolly have about 2-3 inchs now and its going to snow through the night into the morning or so they say at least saying we will get another 4-5 inchs enough to plow at least.
  15. xlr8

xlr8 Senior Member

I think WIRENUT is right about being in bed with the grocers . I also think the same as far as fuel companies. Anytime they(weatheridiots) say that some low pressure system is going to form and bury us alive it just never seems to happen. My 11 year old daughter was so mad at them she told me that we ought to do what they do on the fairly oddparents(a cartoon on nickelodeon) and chase them out of town with pitchforks every time they blow the forecast. I'm starting to like this idea.
  16. Stark_Enterprises

Stark_Enterprises Senior Member

CT Guys: Which Weatherman do you watch. My Fav.or shall i say most Realiable USAULLY!! is Brad Field on nbc30 and even he was wayyyyyyyyy off with this one!!!! DAMM I Feel like I want to Sue him for the money i spent on Sand alone!
  17. johntwist

johntwist Senior Member

Let's see....politicians, relatives and friends of politicians employed by the State, City or Town, the LAPD, lawyers, doctors, anyone with an MBA who makes over 200,000 a year, the media, the National Hockey League, and the people who keep hiring Ben Affleck to star in major motion pictures are just a few that come to mind. :)