1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Weather link on Plowsite.com?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mickman, Feb 1, 2005.

1. mickman

mickman Senior Member

What do you think about having a Weather site w/ very good radar on Plowsite.com
    And maybe a link for our own zip code. I have at leat 8 sites for weather,
    but while were on here surfing & researching, it would be an convienence instead of leaving to check other sites for conditions.

A local forecast would be ok just for shiets & giggles [not that their accurate or anything] but even a radar map would be pretty cool...just a thought. :rolleyes:
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2005
  2. Turfman76

Turfman76 Junior Member

Weather Forecast & Radar

Good Idea...there are some really good ones out there that I use. One of them is through Meteorlogix (the old DTN) which works great, also found one that is free through intellicast....up to the minute radar which is nice...new to plowsite.com as of recent and that is one thing that would be good to have here...check out the weather and posts all on one site...you might even be able to link up with weatherbug on here, just a suggestion
  3. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Lawnsite used to have the weather at the top of the page. You would just select your location in the user cp but that was 3 years ago.
  4. mickman

mickman Senior Member

I don't remember that on Lawnsite, but I thought if they did, they would have it on both sites. I think just having a live radar on homepage would be
    a cool thing to have.
  5. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Chuck made it a option for Lawnsite but something happened and he had to remove it. I can't remember why though.
  6. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

It was on this site also. If I remember right "DON"T HOLD ME TO IT" when the weather site went down it shut this site to.
  7. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

dont download weatherbug its loaded with spyware check out accuweather.com
  8. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

9. ibelee

ibelee Senior Member

Weatherbug spyware

You are absolutley right about Weatherbug, Plowman!
    You'd just as well download your hard drive to the Internet.
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2005
  10. sixspeed

sixspeed Senior Member

Accuweather all the way! They know what WE'RE thinking!!!

Look at THIS from their site about last week's storm - You gotta love their description. I think they want us to buy their premium service (the one that used to be free) that gives estimated totals per hour.