1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

$#@! Weather Guesser's

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by RCIPlow, Jan 16, 2002.

1. RCIPlow

RCIPlow Member

Bad enough, mother nature is playing with us , now the weather guessers are doing it as well it seems. The south Jersey area went from the possability of 2 chances for some snow, no matter how little, tonight into tomarrow, then again on Saturday for a wintery mix,now it isn't even listed on the forcasts. How can they say it for days, then poof!, it dissappears, not even a mention of it. I'm not talking about 1 channel either, talking TWC, NOAA, ABC, FOX,WB, news radio, talk radio, and even those !@#$ on NBC.
    I guess maybe the mayor of Rio DeJenaro was right. He had the local weather guy prosecuted for predicting rain on New Years Eve, thus causing only 500,000 people to show up.
    Guess I better start checking how good calcium flakes work as fertilzer!
  2. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

I SAY, SHOOT 'EM ALL AT DAWN!! (Along with all those Buffalo price gougers..) ;)
  3. Ohiosnow

Ohiosnow Senior Member
    from Ohio

Weather guesser's

And they get paid BIG money to predict the weather, if anyone else was wrong as often as they are they would be FIRED ASAP. But not them & today with all that high tech equipment.:mad: It must be nice to be aloud to be wrong all the time & still get paid all that big money. Just had to vent, boy I fill better now.
  4. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

i feel your pain.
  5. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

Tim - when I listed the 'net weather channel as www.weather.wrong in one of my posts recently it wasn't a typo..................................................... :p
  6. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

link still doesnt work 75, keep trying
  7. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

You're right, I know it isn't a real link mdb - but I couldn't resist that interpretation of www.weather.com ................................. just compare what they say to what is really happening and you'll understand. :D
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2002
  8. TurfPlus

TurfPlus Senior Member

I was just checking weather bug for the forecast. You gotta love the question marks for tonight's and tomorrow's forecast.
  9. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

So far Weathererbug has been pretty accurate for this area. 12" Sunday night, 5" last night and more on the way. I picked up a new account last night and another tonight. Going to plow a one-time tomorrow morning, hoping to get that one on the route, too.
  10. Sno

Sno Senior Member

Unbelievable......... Unreal.

Still no snow!

Supposed to get 1-3 today.... Nothing.
    Supposed to get some yesterday...... Nothing.
    Supposed to get some the day before that... Nothing.

Supposed to get some last weekend..... Nothing.

I'm dreaming, thats it.

Spent 4,000 for a new plow and its all just a bad dream from the Anxiety...

I'll awaken now and there will be SNOW on the ground, lots of it.
  11. TurfPlus

TurfPlus Senior Member

Hang in there Sno. We got to get something soon or later.
  12. litle green guy

litle green guy Senior Member

Those stupid weather guessers get me so mad sometimes, they must all be a bunch of skrewups that can't get a job doing anything else. I've been making better forcast than then lately just using a thermometer, a little common sence and a quater, and I'm not joking either.

So far we plowed once this year and I think that was it, were done, no more snow for us, I think I'm gonna start getting the mowers ready. I sure hope I'm wrong but I don't think where gonna get any snow. Anyway i guess if the plowing thing dosn't worjk out I could always get a job with the Weather Channel.
  13. RCIPlow

RCIPlow Member

Not to fear. The 10 o'clock news says Sundays snow will pass us to the south, and we'll get lucky again. Do these freakin jackasses realize that some of us want snow? Think I'm gona email them and ask them to stop bringing my luck..lol!!
  14. Rob

Rob PlowSite.com Veteran

15. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Getting used to this...... up like usual checking the weather conditions. Guess I got up for nothing, but I guess it comes with the territory. I'm with you Tim, I'm looking at 10 different sources, and none of them jive, so it is hard to pick one to believe. I've been trying to learn more about weather so I don't have to rely on those idiots too much.

16. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

You'll probably all hate me for posting this, but I just did the same thing as you Chuck - checked the conditions - however I have to interrupt my posting to go plow............................
  17. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

At times, my wife has called my plow a very expensive insurance policy - to assure it doesn't snow.
  18. rick barnes

rick barnes Member

Anyone want to go into the air conditioning business?? I know if we get 3 or more of us to do this , we may never have to cool our homes & offices again:D

wanting to plow
  19. TurfPlus

TurfPlus Senior Member

Hey 75,
    Just rub a little more salt into our wounds....lol. :D
  20. mickman

mickman Senior Member

If you want TODAYS forecast, wait until TOMOROW. I don't think weathermen should forecast more than 24 hrs. My favorite is when I watch one forecaster, then turn channel to watch all the others on local news and all their forecast are pretty much different. The same city [ wash. or baltimore ] will have totally different forecast . one will say snow, turn channel, and the other guy says mostly sunny w/ temps in the 40's. I don't even want to get into their extended forecast, same city, but it's like their in another state!