1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Weather forecast??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jvm81, Oct 18, 2007.

1. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

Anyone know what to expect during the next 15 - 45 days? Here in the midwest it has rained for 4 days straight here. One outlook I check is showing freezing/snow/ice ect the last week of Oct. Others show warmth??

2. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

I try not to think about it.... It makes me sad:cry:

3. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

i would say typical fall weather, highs in the 40's for a few days and then high in the 80's for a few days, back and forth. BTW, we have had rain for the past seven days here.

4. tom5301

tom5301 Member

Have you heard how the winter is going to pan out Jay for around here

5. Jay brown

no i haven't yet, usually Fox 4 gives a weather special in early November during the news broadcast, predicting the winter.......i do know that our snow fall average from back in the day was in the 30" range for years and years, the 20-30 year ave is around 20" and the 5-10 year average in around 12"

6. Jay brown

holy crap!!!! your right, lows in the 20's for the end of the month. it's showing rain/ice for sat/sun the 27th and 28th....better get the box on, i was hoping to waith till after the first of the year, so i could get some roofing done this fall....

7. Duracutter

Duracutter Senior Member
    from Canada

The weather people can barely tell you about tomorrow... :D

You'll know it's snowing when you look outside and it's all white!

:)

8. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

It is only October. I want snow too but but this is that hard part when we have to wait and wait and wait and wait until FINALLY it snows in february........ Lets hope not this year.

9. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

Bite your tongues! And hope for the best.

10. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

today in jersey felt like may 15th. 130 am and its 70'. global warming:nod:

11. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

Leaves are on trees yet - hardly even fallen. Today 71 in town. Awesome - alot of fall work that means money but with snow that fall work gets pushed in april/may which is already busy and the snow doesn't support what fall work can bring in. So bascially - I would rather wait for snow till like the 27th of Dec.