1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Weather Data

Discussion in 'Weather' started by lilweeds, Jan 18, 2008.

1. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Where do you all get your weather data from? Who gives the best snowfall totals?
  2. Ferti-man

Ferti-man Junior Member

I would like this same info for Colorado!!! Setting up top do residencial work and looking for best forcasting / snowfall totals in the Denver metro area. Thanks.
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Lick your finger and hold it up and see which way the wind is coming from. That's how the weather guys do it.!
    Or go to your local tv website and check out the weather section they have.
  4. Ferti-man

Ferti-man Junior Member

Try this for historical (recent and oldsnow fall in your area!! http://www.nohrsc.noaa.gov/interactive/html/map.html, I customized it for my area and it gave me great info on total snow fal we had yesterday. I will use this to justify my route activations and historically, I have support data to justify my invoices. I also found that contacting your local / regional NOAA service ( google it?) they can get you to the local area info they track for historical sesonal snow fall - event data for planning a seasonal bid.
    Still no suggestion on where to get good pre-storm forcasting though!!!:cry::gunsfiring::realmad: