1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Weather.com

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Vaughn Schultz, Dec 9, 2004.

1. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

Do any of you think that Weather.com should spend a little more time trying to get the forecast right, rather then seeing how many pop-up adds/advertisements they cant fit on one page :dizzy: . You would think with all the money that they are generating they could do a little better on the "7 day out look" or 10 day, what ever it is. :rolleyes:

2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

It seems like they change their forecasts 10 times a day. The only good thing about the weather channel is thier good looking women. :D

3. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

I use NWS/NOAA data on web myself and have for years and they have improved it a lot over that time too. I also monitor weather radio alerts when out plowing too.

4. Vaughn Schultz

NOAA.com is the best by far( make sure to read the forecast discussion as well)

5. smiti105

smiti105 Member

Weathermen never have to be right. If the forecast is wrong they stil have their job in the morning.

6. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

I am SICK AND TIRED od weather.com :angry: :realmad: They have so many ads that take forever to load (not any more though now that I have DSL :cool: ) I totally agree about the forecasting as well. Spend more time on the weather and less on the ads :nod: .

7. Vaughn Schultz

Thank you :bluebounc

8. festerw

festerw Senior Member

9. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

Firefox is pretty solid. I have been using it for over a year now (since version .8 beta) and rarely use IE anymore.

10. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Same here.