1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WEATHER ALERT For New England ..

Discussion in 'Weather' started by plowinginma, Jan 4, 2007.

1. plowinginma

plowinginma Senior Member
    from MA

Now that I have your attention .... you can go back to sleep for the next couple of weeks ... Or maybe take up a good hobby ... like ummm gardening .. or maybe take that long needed vacation ..
    I have been watching the computer models and finally I was excited to see that a major 4 days of winter weather was coming to the MA area ... or New england for that matter ( I love to snowmobile) ... Only to know enough about computer models that they have changed there mind at not for the good if you are a snow lover ...

Yes a deep trough will form in the Midwest and we will have weather from late Sunday January 14th until early Thursday the 18th ... except it will be in the form of RAIN ...
    I don't even think there will be a shot at snow ... the TEMPS will be way to warm ... Even all the way up to Maine ... Fort Kent ME may get some out of it but not enough to plan a good trip with the boys to sled ...

Every so many years there is a winter that has en extreme ..( A lot of snow breaking record cold) ... I think this is just one of those record breakers in the wrong direction if you love the white stuff!!! ... or cold for that matter ....

There is still lots of winter left except I don't remain so optimistic ... I hope I am wrong or it will be a very long spring summer and fall till we get to run ourselves ragged plowing snow .. or having fun in it ...

2. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Almost every weather met i watched today talked about a change in the pattern next week. I also follow the weather boards and they are all talking about a pattern change to much colder temps. Its not gonna happen overnight, the real cold was never expected until after the 16th. Its still to early to say but i think we may see some snow fairly soon, theres even talk of a clipper coming Tuesday night. At this point i would be pretty damn happy about just getting a clipper.

8-day.jpg

Last edited: Jan 4, 2007
  3. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

On the subject of snowmobiling...

They said on the news last night there is only 1 trail open in New Hampshire(Littleton) and that is limited.....Lots of businesses hurting from this late season....

4. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

That's why I'm putting the snowmobiles back to sleep and bringing the Motorcycle back out of winter storage.

5. Oshkosh

I sold my mach Z last season....

I sold my Mach Z last season and boy I am so happy I didn't buy that Renegade yet....I think this is one of the few times in my 41 years I played it right....

6. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

That forecast will change probably twice as many times as there are days until that event is suppose to happen!........hopefully for the best :dizzy: :realmad: :help:

7. Stark_Enterprises

Stark_Enterprises Senior Member

67 in saturday?? are you shi**ing me? Did Dr. Mel give that forecast?

8. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Looks like 67 is a very good possibility

7day_640x480.jpg

Last edited: Jan 4, 2007
  9. frehawk

frehawk Junior Member

Heck I'm going to grab a six pack and head down to the sound with my sun tan oil.:drinkup:

10. Stark_Enterprises

Stark_Enterprises Senior Member

See ya there....I would assume theres not going to be a polar plunge this year? :confused:

11. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

There's definitely a pattern here- it gets warm and rains, then it gets colder (enough to support snow),a nd there's no precip in sight...will it ever snow?:cry:

12. frehawk

frehawk Junior Member

Yes it would be called cheating if they called it that. LOL:D

13. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

Ya its um 67 degress out right now. All chances of snow have been removed from my forcast. Going to get *Cold* for two days they right back to 50 degrees.

14. Oshkosh

This about sums it up for me.

Mt. Washington Valley;
    New Snow: 0" (0 cm)Base Depth: 0" - 0" (0 cm - 0" cm)Runs: 0KM of XC: 0Lifts Open: 0 of 0Surface Snow: n/aLifts Hours: n/aNotes: Projected Opening: Call Ahead: 603-356-9920

15. BBailey

BBailey Junior Member
    from Vermont

Rutland, Vermont- Central part of the state, 2:00 pm on Saturday 1/6 and it is 67 degrees!!! What the:eek: !

16. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

Mountain Creek in Vernon, N.J. has had .00001 inches of snow natuarally and has made about 6 inches on 25% of their trails. That was until the last week of really warm temps now they have nothing, there are trace amounts of made snow that are rapidly turning to slush. This winter(HAHAHAHAHA) sucks!!!!! Hopefully soon we'll see some weather, we gotta pay for the new plow and 2 salters........hopefully....

Last edited: Jan 6, 2007