1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wear on mounting system.

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by bowtie_guy, Feb 20, 2013.

1. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

Have noticed lately the plow is sitting pointing down some when hooked up. When I pulled it off today did a better job checking the lower pins and have found they are worn out, no longer round.

It makes sense when looking at it why the light side is pointing down, I was wondering what people have done to fix this? Weld it up or get some type of pipe and weld it in.

Unfortunately it's dark by the time i got home so no pics. Will try tomorrow.

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Are you talking where the locking pins that go thru the mount or the part that goes in the bottom of the mount hook? Might not be a bad idea to just make sure the mounts bolts are tight and the mount isn't tilted down.

3. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Double post

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Though time you will get them to oval a little ,and the hook part will start to show wear also.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  5. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

It's deff the lower hook part (plow side has lots of wear) that is worn not loose bolts. Top pin holes aren't too bad, bottom is whats causing my issues. Just wondering what people do to build the material back up.

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

10 yrs never did anything to them. More of a problem when the cutting edge wears down and it get hung up.

7. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

Double check and make sure your push beam, the center part on the truck side mount hasn't moved. We've had those come slightly loose and it's noticable because the lights start pointing at the ground. When the plow is on the truck in the air, you could see a forward lean to the tower.

8. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

Depending on how bad it is, cut them out and weld new back in. If they are not that bad you would weld them up but it will be hard to get a grinder in there.
    I grease mine and have not seen any wear. :mechanic:

9. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

Thx but as mentioned the mount is tight, there is visible wear on other parts.

haha, talk about a smart idea. Not sure why I didn't just think install new ones. Had taken pics but didn't turn out with a crap.