1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wear on concrete

Discussion in 'Arctic Sectional Sno-Pusher' started by johndeereguy, Feb 29, 2012.

1. johndeereguy

johndeereguy Senior Member
    from Iowa

I have 13 Arctic sectional plows, LD 10's and LD 12's. Most of the lots we do are asphalt, with a couple concrete. We have a lot of ware on the cutting edges and side plate shoes on the concrete lots. Our pushers that are on asphalt don't ware. Has anyone else seen this problem? Its getting expensive to plow concrete.
  2. pusherpro

pusherpro Sponsor

It's the nature of the beast. Plowing concrete is like taking a grinder to your shoes and cutting edges. We are experimenting with different edges but so far they all are comparable on concrete. As far as the wear shoes go try hard facing to prolong the life. Stoody 60 is a good choice of rod but theres a ton to choose from.
  3. heman

heman Member

i weld my old hwy edges to the bottem of the shoes.