1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wear and Tear on Tacoma

Discussion in 'Import and Other Trucks (Light Duty)' started by DaveMD, Dec 9, 2004.

1. DaveMD

DaveMD Junior Member

I am thinking about snowplwoing with my 98, toy taco, 4 cyl , manual, extra cab. And i am curious as to how the truck will hold up to plowing some residential driveways. Will the truck last as long as if i didnt have a plow on it, and what parts will start breaking first and how much will it cost. thanks for the help.

2. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

The weight of the plow is a big factor as well as how much you transport it too. If you do not beat the truck doing your driveway and maybe a few other and do not drive around a lot with plow on and would think it would have a very limited effect on life span of truck. It is the abuse and driving all over with them on that takes its toll.

3. pjaln

pjaln Junior Member
    from mass.

the timbrens should be on and that stiffens the front end right up ,i hit everything and plow with pretty rough ,it takes a beaten i have an 01 with 60k on it so it is not a truck i plan on dumping soon i love it with the plow but put no more than the fisher 6,8.ld on it anything bigger will be pushing it if you want a wider p[low buy a full size truck otherwise the taco holds up fine i notice no extra reattles when the plow is off and the front end is in perfect shape ,.........paul

4. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Recommend you plow in low range. Ran my 4 runner commercially that way for years. No problems period.

5. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

Big truck or small, how you treat it with a plow will effect its life span and the "nicer" you are about it, the less the impact will be.

6. Turfmower

Turfmower Senior Member

Tarkus

Wow your an expert on imports too?