1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Weak spots?

Discussion in 'SnowMan SnowPlows' started by RRobbe, Nov 7, 2010.

1. RRobbe

RRobbe Member

I am looking at possibly picking up a used rs 8 foot. Any advise as to where i should look on these for weak spots or damage? Thanks in advance.
  2. RRobbe

RRobbe Member

no advise at all?
  3. Raconteur

Raconteur Senior Member
    from MA

Pull motor cover see if it is caked with dirt/salt
  4. RRobbe

RRobbe Member

Thank you i appreciate it
  5. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

I'm not trying to sell you ANYTHING, but I do want you to be educated about the product you are interested in, since I have one. I could care less how you spend your time and or money. NOW, that being said....

...I back into a tree with mine when I first got it...

And I had to pay for the tree. I knocked it over.
    The damn things are tough, I'll give 'em that.
  6. gusdust

gusdust Senior Member

They are very tough. My first one totaled a grand am when a girl rear ended me. Totaled the plow too. But it was cobbled back together and still lives on another truck. Last year I bought an 18' garage door when I backed into it. Didn't hurt the plow at all. They bounce a lot on our crummy roads, so keep an eye on your hitch. We've had two hitches break. If you do any amount of backdragging you won't be sorry.
  7. RRobbe

RRobbe Member

Thanks everyone makes me feel better about getting this thing.
  8. Dwestie

Dwestie Junior Member

Great for back dragging and circle drives! But you still really need a front plow to complement it! I broke mine backing into a snow bank to knock it over, these things do not push snow in reverse at all!!!-( got it welded up and back into business. They can be a real pain to hook up to the hitch and take off too.