1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Weak lifting unimount.

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Mark13, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

My friend has a late model unimount on his 02 ford psd f350. The plow angles fine and has plenty of power but when you go to lift the blade up the slightest amount of downward pressure on it stops the blade from lifting. As a test he put his weight on my plow and my plow picked him up, it struggled a little but it did it. We tried it with another friends unimount and it picked him up with no effort. The plow on his 02 won't budge if he sits on it. I can push down on it and stop it from lifting up and I'm only 155lbs. He said if he is comming up to a curb the blade doesn't even have the power to pickup with the snow pushing against it to go over the curb. We checked the fluid level and checked the quill, both are fine.

2. jce4isu

jce4isu Senior Member

mine did the same thing it had air in it i burped it through the fill plug

hope that helps