1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

We Should Have A Toyota Forum

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by mercer_me, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I know we have an Import Truck forum, but it's mostly people talking about Toyotas. Plus the new Toyota trucks are built in the U.S.A. Then the Import Truck Forum can be for trucks that are actualy imported.
  2. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

I can look into this and see, however, we do have quite a number of forums already...not promising this is something we will add, but it may be a good idea to separate it out
  3. eshskis

eshskis Senior Member
    from 4

You could post it in a survey and ask all members if they would be interested in it
  4. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

I thought there used to be a Toyota forum here, but it got completely recalled for some reason? :rolleyes:
  5. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

A Tundra is still an import. Labelling the "Import" section Toyota, would probably make more sense since Nissan is the only other company making trucks but they barely post here.
  6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Isuzu? Mitsubishi? Just to name a couple....And don't forget Connor's dream fleet.....
  7. Santry426

Santry426 Senior Member

Import section!
  8. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

Not looking to interject any negativity, just seems a bit of an odd request. After all, the Nissan Titan has been built in the USA longer than the Tundra, but the few of us on here with them aren't requesting a separate forum. I'm very glad that you are happy with your new truck, but I think with the amount of "sections" that are already in play, the "Import" section suites us just fine.
  9. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

I would Vote a NO

Very ture

That's right
  10. badabing1512

badabing1512 Senior Member

Whats the point?
  11. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

If you give toyota their own forum, you may not be able to stop it! :laughing: :laughing:
  12. DugHD

DugHD Senior Member
    from Maine

I'd Vote yes. I go to forums with dozens of line items (crackberry.com) it only takes seconds to scroll down through from top to bottom. Plowsite has some sections like (safety marking poles) that probably wouldnt get as many hits as a Toyota section. Either way , Plowsite is a very good source of info for us people in the trade and i thank them.
  13. mercer_me

I have noticed quite a bit of guys with Toyotas on hear lately so I figured I would bring the subject up again. It would be greatly apreciated by all the Toyota owners and I, if Toyota had it's own forum. Like I said, the Toyota Tundra and Tacoma are built in Texas so the are not imports.
  14. 05 superduty

05 superduty Member
    from NJ

Why have a forum for the 5 people on here that got duped into buying one ? :nod:
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2010
  15. StormRanger

StormRanger Member
    from NorEast

hahaha, come on guys, stop, a Toyota is a heavy duty work truck, it even says it on the commercials.....
  16. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

If they renamed the "import forum" for to "all the profits from my truck went overseas instead of back into the American economy", would that make you happy?

Just because final assembly is in Texas doesn't make it an American vehicle. :nono:

17. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

:laughing: :laughing: lmao :laughing:
  18. mercer_me

Toyota trucks have more American made parts than GM, Ford, and Dodge trucks. Toyota trucks are not asembled in America they are built in America.
  19. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

I would like to see some kind of proof backing this statement up. I find that hard to believe.
  20. mercer_me

You can also se this at http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=96542&highlight=toyota+tundra&page=3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.