1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

We need more people......

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by John Allin, May 20, 2001.

1. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

Our snow business (Snow Management Group) is looking to add two more Field Managers. In addition to Chuck Smith, we need another person on the east coast, and one in the mid-west. We'll pay relocation expenses, a salary, incentive, company vehicle, bennys. If you have snow experience, can 'manage' people, and don't want to do the 'self employed' thing anymore.... email me a resume.

2. administrator

administrator Guest

To bad I don't have that much experience pushing the snow.... I had always just told them to go do it. :)

Chuck ~ in the Mid-West
  3. MusGuy

MusGuy Member

Where do you need someone in the Midwest

Where do you need a Mid-West Guy, I would need to possibly stay where I am at but at the same time am willing to travel from residence.

4. John Allin

I appreciate your interest, however - in your case it would require relocation. It would be in the upper midwest and you're abit far away from where we would need representation. Additionally, this would be a full time year round position.

I should have also included our fax number for those who don't have capability of emailing.... You can get that from our website at www.snowmanagementgroup.com

Thanks for your interest.
  5. dianel

dianel Junior Member

I would follow John Allin almost anywhere, we don't have snow in Fl. Don't like it
  6. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

John forgot to mention that on the SMG web site, there is a form for contractors to sign up to work as Service Providers for SMG. Anyone interested should stop by, and fill out the form.

7. ADMServices

ADMServices Member

I just had the oppertunity to see the website for SMG, and i am very interested. I would like the oppertunity to get more information about the field manager position here in the mid west. I will be putting togeather a resume' and submitting it very soon.

Thank you,

8. John Allin

I got it Andy.... I'll be in touch.
    Thank you.
  9. ADM Services

ADM Services Junior Member

OK john...I will be around :)

10. Doc L.

Doc L. Member

What's with the suit?

John, After I read your post looking for people in the Midwest I thought, "Hey, sounds great!!". I could use a job. Then I went to your website and saw your picture for the first time in a stuffy suit. What gives? Do you wear that plowing in your Humvee or what? You've got to kick back some. I think Chuck and Whitey look much more relaxed. Does the new employ get a Humvee too? Where do you need this person at? I'm 35 miles NW of Chicago and I can't relocate. Doc
  11. John Allin

Thank you for your observations. I can see you're an interesting fellow...... however, relocation would be necessary in your case, so we will just have to attempt to survive without your expertise.
  12. Doc L.

Doc L. Member

Jeez, And I just went out to get a new pair of penny loafers to impress you with at the interview.
  13. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

Just wondering if you received the resume I emailed you?

If not I will send it again, or I can bring a copy to Denver.
  14. guido

guido PlowSite.com Veteran

Just curious if and who you found for the other positions.

Or are you still looking?
  15. John Allin

Always looking.....
    Have one in NY now, and second one (part time) in New Jersey, and one in Utah.

However, we probably will not need any more until next Spring....

But, thanks for asking. Things are going along nicely.
  16. mike pinter

mike pinter Guest

hi guys im mike from buffalo new york i might be interested ive been in the property maintenance and plowin for 8 years and might be up for a change let me know more my email is mvp19977@aol.com
  17. John Allin

Email a resume, and maybe we'll talk.

When you say you are looking for upper mid-west what or where exactly?
  19. John Allin

I mean upper mid west.
    That's as detailed as I can get.
    Actually, we are looking for people in several areas. We don't have a problem relocating the right person to the area of need. It's having the right person that is important, not getting someone in a specific geographic area.