1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

We need more blizzard dealers in WNY

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by DaySpring Services, Oct 13, 2005.

1. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

Well I did buy a blizzard plow but there isnt many dealers in Western New York. It's about a 20-25 min drive to the dealer I bought mine from. I wish we could get some closer dealers. I havent used my plow yet but it looks like they make a great plow. Can wait to try it out.

2. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Congrats on your new plow. I have the same problem its an hour drive to my nearest dealer and thats with no traffic..I can't imagine what it will be like at 7am or so.

3. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

Imagine if you have to get parts in a storm :eek:

4. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Ooooo, dont even talk like that.lol:(

5. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

I understand that to become a dealer they want you to purchase $30,000 worth of inventory. About ten plows and accessories. Yet they are actively seeking dealers (?). A friend and I have talked about doing it, but the money is just too prohibitive right now. I have no doubt we could sell more than ten plows in no time at all, have a great location on a busy highway with installation facility, and halfway between two nearest Blizzard dealers. Only concern (other than finding the money) is that there is a Fisher dealer at the other end of the building who might not like it, and there used to be a Blizzard dealer nearby, but they gave up because Portsmouth Ford was cutting their throat on prices. Seems like a common concern here that the dealers are few and far between. I know one thing, everybody wants service available 24-7, I think it would be a good idea to keep a couple in stock for loaners or even rental units in case someone breaks down.