1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

We Need An Old Indian To Do A Snow Dance ?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by pathmaker, Dec 13, 2001.

1. pathmaker

pathmaker Junior Member

WELL LETS SEE IF I CAN KEEP IT DOWN ALITTLE !!!
    does anyone know why it hasnt snowed here in southwest michigan and no where else really around.
    75 I know you can make it snow
    help me out here !!!
    Oh i know why it hasnt snowed yet !!!!
    I BOUGHT A NEW PLOW !!!!!
    SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT A TANNING BED !!!

2. Lou

Lou Member

I have spoken to the great Snow King. I am POSITIVE that snow will come to Michigan no later than the 17th

3. OBRYANMAINT

OBRYANMAINT PlowSite.com Veteran
    from ohio

MY BET IS on the last week of december between x-mas and new years......i think big storm

4. Grant

Grant Member

Put me down for the week before Christmas....

5. sgreanbean

sgreanbean Junior Member

i hope santa brings us a storm on the 25th

6. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

If ya can pencil me in for this weekend, I'd appreciate it.

7. RCIPlow

RCIPlow Member

I'll take before the 31st here in South Jersey.

:D "Give me a cold front & a warm rear!" :D

Regards,
    Tim McGonigal
    RCI
    Atco, NJ

8. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

Hasn't snowed in my area 'cause I had everything ready in November! :D

Going by some previous winters, I'm guessing around here it will be a white Christmas - barely.

9. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Local weather says maybe some for next week.

10. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

First push here last year was on the 14th, so we're not really that far behind. But the forecasts into next week don't look too promising as of right now.

With the drought still very evident, I'm torn between hoping to get some frost in the ground before it snows and wanting to get some water into the soil before it freezes. Either by some rain (several days worth) or snow on top of warm ground that will melt down and soak in.

If we get snow before it freezes it's not a real big problem, with urethane edges on all the blades this year we won't do much damage anyhow.

11. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Anybody want to buy a Chevy 3500, 9' Fisher plow and brand new 8' Fisher V box with 11hp Honda? All bought this year. That's why it hasn't snowed - I bought all this stuff:mad: . Maybe if I went back to just my Dodge and 7.5'.

j/k. Got too much into it to back out now.

12. CDLdrvr

CDLdrvr Junior Member

here in CT the almanac keeps calling for storms and they have been on the money with the dates, just not with the temps all the "big" storms they predicted have been rain wasnt last year like this until New Years weekend when we got slammed ?

13. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

I promise you all will get snow before July!

:D

14. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Then we had one of the biggest winter of all time. Patience all it will come.

15. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

What on earth are you talking about, last winter was average at best. Even with the 3 big storms we were way short of 92-93 and 95-96, and short of 83 and 78 and I could go on and on. It may have seemed bad to a person that cant remember back to far, but compared to years when we really got hammered, aside from new years storm, the one in feb that got the center of the state, and the march storm, the other events were minor.
    In fact we were a bit below average for the season. Maybe those "hills" got alot more snow than the rest of the state.
    Dino

16. Got Grass?

Got Grass? Senior Member

Put me down for the 24th 25th 26th 31st 1st.

17. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Then we had one of the biggest winter of all time. Patience all it will come.

Notice "one of the biggest" At least here it was. Things are different when you are 100 miles east and on the water.

18. plowking35

from SE CT

So what did you get like 60" at most. That should be about average for the snowbelt of CT. I mean brookfield isnt exactly like the highest elevation in CT. There are town in the corner that will get more snow than even you. Even tho I am 1.5 hs to your east, I still hear the same snowfall reports as you, and I dodnt remember anyone saying that last year was one for the record books, or even close to a heavy winter. If you think that was a bad winter, then you better head to Mexico now.
    Dino

Last edited: Dec 13, 2001
  19. CDLdrvr

CDLdrvr Junior Member

come on now guys all of CT has not been getting "normal" winters for years ...... back in early 90s we got a normal winter of the past and they called it the storm of the century JEEZE people here dont even buy snow tires anymore we trudged to school (us "older" folks) in 6" - 8" of snow now they are so shocked they cancel school for flurries heck they have cancelled for the THREAT of a storm that sometimes never came havent seen a school bus with chains since I got out of school sorry but one of my contracts is a bus yard ......

20. plowking35

from SE CT

To be fair, the winter of 93-94 saw around 80" of snow that set the record. Then is 95-96 we recieved around 120" of snow, roughly what Syacuse gets per season, and I think we all agree that they see a fair amount of snow.
    So with all due respect those two winters were much worse than the winters of old in the snowfall catorgory.
    Now 60" winters may have been more common back in the day, but when you get upwards of 100" and are not in the mountains or near a big lake, then its been a pretty hard winter.
    I for one am glad that they error on the side of safety, I remember being on the bus in a bad snowstorm, and buses are not very good snow machines.
    Dino