1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

We May Get Snow

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by ndnchief, Feb 7, 2012.

1. ndnchief

ndnchief Member

They are calling for up to an inch tonight and tomorrow, hey its a start.....this will only be our third event this year...And as a guy once told me " Every Blizzard starts with Flurries"
    So we are going out shortly to anti ice all our lots....it has been a long lonely winter for us this year, so we could definitely use the work
  2. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

Having now accomplished my new winter goal of covering my salt and liquid cost for the season, I have now established a new goal of paying for my fuel and possibly even ending up with ONE dollar on the positive side of Zero by winters end. :D

I love exceeding my goals. :laughing:
  3. ndnchief

ndnchief Member

I wish I was even close to the break even point
    ONE dollar on the good side sounds pretty sweet, Maybe Luckily I over bought salt at the end of last year so I didn't have a salt bill for this winter, I was sitting on a large amount all summer , so hopefully this winter wont be a total disaster
  4. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Im in the same boat with tonight's storm I will at least have 25 tons of bulk and 2 pallets of calcium, clear, now lets start on the insurance!