1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

We have Bulk Salt in Columbus, Oh

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by kingplow, Dec 4, 2006.

1. kingplow

kingplow Member

wow i might have to open a salt business in ohio so i could get in on that killing tell you what your business wouldn't last a month in michigan with prices like that :dizzy:

i dont pay more then 59.00 24 hours loaded and 47.00 loaded when we pre pay for 50 ton

Last edited: Dec 4, 2006
  2. SkykingHD

SkykingHD Senior Member

salt prices

The salt mines are under the great lakes. The cost is transportation to Columbus. They have to pay more for salt in Columbus than we do by Lake Erie.

$65 a ton is a good rate for bulk salt in Akron area if someone will sell it to you. Most people will not sell it as they do not want the competition.

At $85 a ton you are still much further a head than bagged salt. I can still remember loading 4 pallets of salt a night. I would pay $100 per ton rather than hand load 3 tons of salt by hand.

Dave