1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

We got some white stuff Yahoo

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by cat320, Dec 15, 2000.

1. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

We finally got the white stuff yesterday.It was not alot but it keep me busy plowing and sanding. now I heard that it will all melt and we will be in the fifties soon . atleast we got a taste and some$$.

2. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

Be careful what you ask for. I've been wanting snow for a long time, and now it won't stop. Is there a switch somewhere I don't know about. It just keeps coming!!!

-Tim

3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Mentor, Angel
    from Chicago

Tim

It's raining out now, so the pavement will be slick when it starts snowing again later. :(

I'm with you on finding the switch. I'd sure like 3 days off from plowing just to experiance what it might feel like. :)

I put the snow blower on the JD today, so I'm ready for the drifting that is about to happen. Good Luck Tim and just remember, don't stir up that snow to much up north and make it all blow down south on my driveways. :)

4. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

Well... we salted the he!! out of the parking lot at work today, so hopefully that will help keep the ice at bay, that way cleanup will go fairly easy tomorrow... hopefully.

Three days off sounds SOOOOOO nice...

-Tim

5. paul

paul PlowSite.com Veteran

Don't bet on getting any time off, Rain and sleet changing to snow later this am. Spent last two days trucking snow out of the way for the next three storms comming.......
    Can't wait til spring then we can work some regluar hours :)

Eric, it doesn't look like the blowing and drifting is going to happen with this rain and sleet but I'm not holding my breath this year.

Three years with no snow my customers wanted to raise our storm limits to 8" and lower total snow fall to 50" one did now they are worried they made a big mistake, I really think they did:) We have 24" down now and 3-4" comming in easly tomorrow, more on Monday and Wednesday........
    Looks like we could see a White Christmas

6. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds like a normal winter, to me.....

7. Matt

Matt Member

Sounds like a beautiful thing, the more white stuff or winter weather the better. If I am not mistaken 2 weeks ago you guys wanted to try out all your equipment, now you want summer time hours? John is probably close to 25 days in a row of either plowing, salting or hauling. We are close to the same so far we have not had to haul any, but there are businesses that are losing parking places everytime it snows. They have to make the decision on when enough is lost and they want us to move or remove the snow.

8. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

We actually plowed one site this morning, salted several, and did some loader work at two others - all on requests that came in between 7:30 last night and 6 AM this morning. Got the afternoon off with 41 degree temps and rain. Back to snow tomorrow.

Now we're just hoping to get Christmas Eve and Christmas Day off. I hate Christmas Eve snowstorms..... And, the weekend prior to Christmas - man, we hope it doesn't snow then as the retails will require LOTS of attention then.

Better get my own Christmas shopping done before then..

Let's see... what do I want....

Better leave that for another thread...