1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

We can see the fat lady!!

Discussion in 'Weather' started by lawn king, Feb 9, 2007.

1. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

Nothing in the forecast for us through the 15th, yes we can see the fat lady backstage, she's getting ready to sing?

2. kkls2006

kkls2006 Member

I sure hope she Belts out a real long one like....Mmmmm FreeBird??

3. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

fine with me, ill even wheel her fat ass on out. im ready for spring cleanups, atleast i know i can make money doing that.

4. JPMAKO

JPMAKO Senior Member

:eek:

It's too early for that kind of talk.. LOL
    Maybe in about 4 more weeks we can say those words again, but I want some SNOW first. In all seriousness I am ready for SCU too, all the blowers are ready to blow leaves again.

Jason

5. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah, ditto on the spring work. Surprisingly, most of my properties historically have very few leaves, so the bulk of the work is cleaning out mulch beds & removing lawn debris. Mulch is a big part of my spring. I could use 2 storms between now & end of Feb. After March 1, I'm really ready for spring. Last year my commercial work started March 20th, and I did fertilizing before April 1.

6. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

I'm starting to think we'll never get any real snow here before the season is over :cry: . I mean, we're a good 2/3 through the winter season, and there's really nothing in the forecast for us here in Northern, NJ/Southern New England :angry: . I guess I'd better start getting out the blowers and mowers for cleanups, at least I can make money on that for sure!:dizzy:

I WANT SNOW!!!:eek:

7. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

She's back stage now, having one more twinkie before hitting the spotlight.

8. lawn king

Next week our shop will be in full maintenence mode. Spreaders,sprayers,aerators,trucks, trailers you name it. Spring lawn aerations to commence 3 12 07 weather permitting!

9. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Not sure what weather forecast you watched. But they are saying a large snow storm on Wensday the 14. All of the computers are saying its going to hit Southern N.E hard. Plus storms are all across the country and we are going into a stormy pattern. Check out www.necn.com

10. lawn king

Don't count on it bigdave. tuesday afternoon the meterologist will be explaining what happend to the snow we wer'e expecting! :angry:

11. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I'm not putting anything away yet. In fact, I am taking the bucket off the tractor and putting the plow on for the rest of the month.

12. JohnsonLawn

JohnsonLawn Member

Tell the fat lady to sit fat a$$ down and pack her bags. It ain't over yet boys, as I said earlier, this one bears watching. Told ya, we are going to pay the price sooner or later, we always do. So brother, what ya gonna do when the NOR'EASTER runs wild on you!!!!!

13. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I would gladly go and pick her up if someone knows where to find her. I hope that damn grounhog is right.tymusic

14. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

:eek: Grab the kids because either Nor'easter is going to run wild on you or Johnson HULKSTER Lawn will LOL

I heard it is going to hit you guys full boar.ENJOY

RCGM
    Brad

15. JohnsonLawn

JohnsonLawn Member

Hope so, I just saw the lastest weather and this clown says that it could hug the coast and bring us rain down here. We have had 9 days of friggin cold and now he is talking rain. COME ON!!! Say your prayers and take your vitamins fellas.!!!!!

16. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

The fat lady stays inside.:blush2:
    when old man winter is in the neighborhood with -20's at night.

Windchills today were -20 to -40 No fat lady:nono:

17. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

It ain't gonna rain. Don't worry about that. It is going to be below 20 degrees in Boston. I haven't heard a thing about rain. It'll be warm tomorrow and then it'll drop like a stone.

18. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

She must be in the balcony because all her dandruff is falling down here!:D

19. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

Too funny!!!!!
    :D :D

20. PORTER 05

PORTER 05 Senior Member

i wouldnt get to excited.....the storm is still west of the rockies and its sunday morning, ...just chill and wait, they are calling for 1 foo,t personally i dont want no 1 foot, 6 inches is just about fine for me....

i hope that groundhog is right , im about ready for spring and ----spring-clean-ups!payup