1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

We can help put your truck to work

Discussion in 'Employment' started by JamesMoorhead, Dec 17, 2011.

1. JamesMoorhead

JamesMoorhead Member

We already have our own thread on here, but just wanted to let everybody in this section know who we are. Click Plow LLC is a dispatching service company that supplies plow drivers with jobs. We book the snow plow job, and process the payment, and then dispatch the jobs to the drivers. Drivers must have their own equipment and insurance in order to qualify, plus have a cell phone.

Drivers have the ability to accept as many jobs they can handle, and turn down as many jobs as they want. All jobs have been pre-paid, so we pay the drivers a set commission depending on Size and service.

If you already have your own routes, and just want to add a few more, or just plain looking for more work, sign up with us. It is completely free to sign up, and we will give you all the information you want. You can contact us on here, or go to www.clickplow.com/employment to sign up. Happy Plowing
  2. AJ 502

AJ 502 Senior Member

Nice marketing...
  3. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

Definetly a cool concept - hope it works well for you.

The great things I see:

You don't chase the customer, they come to you
    Payment made work done, otherwise you're back to chasing them.

Problem I see:

As a business owner, I'd be real leary of plowing some driveways after the snowfalls we get, city drives not so much, but curvey twisting drives.

The staff to handle the two or three really bad nights we have every year. Seems the nights people would call the most, are the nights when everyone is already behind and can't keep up with their own stuff.

But like I said, very cool idea, very new idea and who knows, it may become how all plowing in the future is done.
  4. JamesMoorhead

JamesMoorhead Member

Lol- Thanks AJ. I just thought since I was here...
  5. JamesMoorhead

JamesMoorhead Member

Hey Framer,

We do appreciate the feedback, and we are glad to hear from you. For the problems that you see, the driveways are the same driveways you plow everyday. Yes, some will be harder than others, while some will be a cake walk. However, for those really tough ones, we will have the customers be charged by the hour if they do not fit in one of our driveway sizes. So the drivers will be paid per hour on such.

As for the really busy nights, we understand that we can get swamped- and that is ok. Much better for us to get the phone calls, rather than bothering the drivers with them. The customers can vent to us instead of calling you. But that is also why we want to connect with as many drivers as we can. Just in case 1 driver in that area is tide up, we will dispatch it to the next closest most available driver, trying to minimize the wait time for the customer.

Please let us know if you have more questions or suggestions. We always want to hear from the drivers. Happy Plowing!
  6. MikeLawnSnowLLC

MikeLawnSnowLLC Senior Member

Great idea, how are you marketing to the potential customer to get your name and the service you offer out there?
  7. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I signed up in case in the future you get farther south I'll be on you contact list
  8. JamesMoorhead

JamesMoorhead Member

Hey Mike,

Great question! We are going to be running commercials on the radio, as well as posting ads on the internet and local groups. We will be ramping up our advertising campaign when the snow season begins- hopefully soon :)

Let us know if you have any more questions. Happy Plowing!
  9. JamesMoorhead

JamesMoorhead Member

Thanks Antler for your support. We will keep you on file for when we expand- which should be really soon. We will notify you when our service reaches your area.

Thanks again, and Happy Plowing!
  10. snowguys

snowguys Senior Member

hey james i sent you guys a email im out of chicago and i know im not in a service area yet but i hope the early bird gets the worm
  11. JamesMoorhead

JamesMoorhead Member

Hey Snowguys,

Yes- and you are the early bird, so as soon as we open up your area, you will get all the worms :)

Thanks for the support. Happy Plowing!
  12. JamesMoorhead

JamesMoorhead Member

Well hopefully the snow is almost here! We are still looking for Plow Owners in the West Michigan area, including Grand Rapids and all surrounding areas. If you have more than 1 truck, even better. Let us know and we'll show you how to keep them all busy!

Happy Holidays!
  13. MrBillsLawn

MrBillsLawn Member

James, just sent link on your web page, but how do us "contractors" get paid (amount, frequency)? I am assuming that this is a per push payment since you guys have the ability to send different drivers? Once we are signed up as a "sub" for you guys do you have a contract that you send us stating the payment details...... amounts, pay schedule, some form of security?

Not to try to be to leery, it sounds like a great idea, but I have been burned in the past by a guy that had us sub for him. We were supposed to get paid, but three years later I am still in a court battle and am not even half paid up.
  14. JamesMoorhead

JamesMoorhead Member

Hey MrBillsLawn,

Great question- and I'm glad you asked. Yes, each job is a "per push', so each job is only for a single service, and not a seasonal contract. Each driveway has a set commission based on the size of the driveway, and soon will have an extra commission if the snow is deeper than a certain level. You can find the information on our website- or just go to www.clickplow.com/employment and put your email address in and we will send you all the details.

As for the payment schedule, each job take 7 days to process, and then will be paid on the following week. Right now, we will be sending checks, but soon we will be offering direct deposit for those who prefer that method.

I can understand that you may be leery with some companies in the past, but we do not operate that way. We want to make sure all of our drivers are happy, and continue to do business with us. We do not ask for any money to sign up, nor do we try to scam in any other way. We just want to connect drivers and customers via the internet, and make it convenient for everyone.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask- we are always happy to hear from you. Thanks again, and Happy Holidays!
  15. MrBillsLawn

MrBillsLawn Member

James, I tried to find the rate information on your website, but I was unable to find such information.

When I go to the home page and act as though I am a "customer" all the responses I get are that service is not available in my area. I have tried 6-8 different Grand Rapids zip codes and no services available. I also tried Muskegon zips and still nothing. Am I doing something wrong?

I know that you may want to keep this information private, but I am wondering if you can actually put some numbers to what we will get paid. If we are talking about $5-$10 per driveway and mailbox approach, you may have a hard time keeping good plow drivers around. When we get phone calls from people that want a "one time plow", we charge at least $40 per push. Just wondering if you are in the same ballpark? I did fill out the info on the employment page, just am assuming that I won't hear back until business hours...

Is you service going to handle only driveways, or will it be whatever comes over the phone? Will you also be handling any salting service or snow stacking/removing?

And just for kicks, do you have a background in residential snowplowing? Not to come across the wrong way, but I just want to make sure that you know what you are getting into. I don't know if someone could pay me enough money to handle "one time shoppers", "damage reporters" and frankly the people who have standards that are so out of this word high that no snowplow driver in the world could meet. Lets say for instance a person signs up for your service. You dispatch a driver to their house. The client decides to leave to go to the store. The snowplow driver plows the driveway and mailbox approach. In the time between when the driver leaves and the client comes home their mailbox is hit and broken....... who would be responsible to replace the mailbox?.... same could go for garage door, lamp post, bushes, trees sprinkler heads, clients markers, underground dog fence....ect. I am also assuming that none of these driveways will be marked unless that homeowner has done it themselves?
  16. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

No way I would plow a driveway without markers, sure as heck wouldn't be liable for any damage. Good luck with that one. Repairs cost might add up for you.

Not sure about your pricing either. Not to many driveways are straight in here.

I can just see this as an issue.

I would suggest that people sign up for the service "as needed". Price will be determined based on a drive by when the area is free of snow (with picture taken for plow driver). Once price is determined (based on difficultly, etc) then the customer knows the cost and the plow guy knows the driveway.

Just a suggestion.
  17. MrBillsLawn

MrBillsLawn Member

I am on the same page as you are. I am pretty sure that this is a new idea/concept, but am not sure if this is practiced somewhere else in the nation/world. I think that it is a great idea, but ideas don't always work. That being said..... sometimes they work better then ever imagined.

If there were some type of dispatch service for plowing residential driveways that worked just like a cab service...... taking all the calls, talking with this people, lining up the work, handling all the complaints, fixing all the damage, paying the divers well...... who wouldn't want to take part. I am just not sure if there is enough profit margin in residential plowing to make that happen. This is why I am asking all these questions in a public forum...... to find out for everyone. Some of the answers to these questions may not even be known yet. If you got 'em, ask 'em now before the snow flies.
  18. Dodge4829

Dodge4829 Junior Member

I sent you guys a request for information I'm from Anderson Indiana so, I'm not sure if I'm in your area or not, but the last few years I worked at a gm car dealer ship and used there truck when service would get slow and I'd plown for them, but I recently changed jobs and i am a tech at a diff shop so I went out and bought me a plow truck to do it on my own but, I'm kinda curious on truck standards year ect... and I'm curious on plow standards v-blades ect....

19. JamesMoorhead

JamesMoorhead Member

Hey MrBillsLawn,

All great questions! As for the zip codes, we have not enabled any zipcodes at the moment- due to we are not accepting any orders right now because we have no snow. Our launch date is set for Jan 1st so they will be working then. We just don't want people to place orders for no reason.

As for the commissions, we do have a set pay plan for drivers that is based on the driveway size and snow depth. You can see the pay chart by going to www.clickplow.com/employment and fill out that little form so we can email it to you. The prices that you see are the minimums and may change during snow storms. Did you get that packet of information? If not, let me know- just PM me your email address and I will send it out.

For the next question, yes, we only handle residential driveways. We currently do not offer salting or sidewalk service yet, but we are in the process of adding those features for drivers that want to make extra money. And we do have snow removal guys ready, but that service is not yet listed on our website.

And to answer your last question, yes, we do have experience in snow plowing. We understand that damages may occur, as well as other obstacles. We will handle the customer complaints as much as possible to allow the drivers to keep working- but we will address them as needed. As for the damages, the drivers are responsible for any damages they cause, just like normal. We provide the drivers with as much information about the driveway as possible. The drivers do have the option of contacting the residents if they have any questions about the job, but is not required.

Everything for the driver remains the same- they must have Insurance in case anything happens. We just help keep the drivers working as much as possible without them needing to do anything else.

I hope this has answered your questions, but feel free to keep posting more. Happy Plowing!
  20. JamesMoorhead

JamesMoorhead Member

Hey Hlntoiz,

We appreciate the feedback, and can understand your concerns. We do provide the drivers with as much information about the job as possible, and they can even see a "Google Map" of the property if they need to- it's all built in to our dispatching system.

As for the damages, All plow drivers are responsible for damages they cause. It is no different than if the customer call you themselves, and you go out and do the job. Drivers must have insurance before qualifying for our jobs just in case anything happens. But we will do as much as we can to prevent any of this from happening, and we will contact the customer in such an event.

Feel free to keep asking questions too. We have been getting a lot of support and always want to hear what is on our drivers mind :)

Happy Plowing!