1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

We Broke 2 14ft sectionals this week.

Discussion in 'Arctic Sectional Sno-Pusher' started by DellDoug, Jan 14, 2011.

1. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

Both pushers were used on 621E Case loaders. They are 14 hd units. We purchased them last year and barely used them. The bottom brackets where the studs come out of the push beams broke off leaving the pushers inoperable. We are hoping Arctic sees this post and decides to help us with parts costs. I can take pictures if needed. We are pleased with the performance of these units but this was there first test in more severe conditions ie. 8+ inches of snow. Thankfully we pulled a few horst units out of the backyard to keep us working. We need 5 sets of brackets with studs that mount to bottom push beam and rubbers and hardware. I hope Arctis responds and helps us out. I would rather resolve this here rather then make this an issue with our Arctic dealer. tymusic

Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
  2. pusherpro

pusherpro Sponsor

Wouldn't a phone call have gotten you taken care of sooner rather than hope someone from Arctic stumbles across this? Send me a PM please.

3. Harold Finch

Harold Finch Member

Let me know if I can help in any way.
    HF

4. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Pics or ban!

5. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

Your 1-888 telephone number doesn't work from Canada. I tried that first. So what are your thoughts. I have seven of these things? Can I expect the same problem with all of them? How fast can you get parts to Canada? Even if you do not help me with the cost I need parts.

6. Harold Finch

Harold Finch Member

Please call me at 908.362.5895 and I will have parts shipped to you asap. I need to confirm what parts, I will have arctic do an investigation on problem and we will determine if cost is on us or if you damaged the pusher. Thank You

7. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I'm guessing the dealer you purchased them from will have the parts or at least I know they have quite a few blades on hand to strip. Sorry to hear about your problems Doug.

8. pusherpro

pusherpro Sponsor

I have discussed this with you dealer Doug? or is it Vince? They said they would gladly help you with this issue but you never contacted them and they knew nothing of your issues. As far as 8 inches being severe, the east coast had over two feet and the plow handled it with out a problem. We had over a foot of snow here and no complaints from any of the contractors in this area. I would know, they have my cell and most have my house number. Our 888 number works fine from Canada I get calls on it almost daily.
    Had you called your dealer this morning rather than posting this, your plows could have been on their way back in service. Call Stewarts on Monday to resolve this. We support our plow and our dealers at all time. Warranty claims are determined with our dearlers imput.

9. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

I am absoluitely thrilled you are on top of this matter. As far as the 1-888 number... I tried it today three times with no success of getting through. This problem has been discussed with Andy and I believe Jeff and they are aware of it. I am happy to hear other people are having good luck with your pushers. We unfortunetly are not having good luck with all of our sectionals at this point in time and if they can't do what we want them to do we will go and purchase a product that will. It is that simple to us. We hope to get these problems resolved and have a long relationship with Arctic. I suppose we will see what the future brings and thank you for your attention to our problem with your product.

FYI: I called my dealer on Wednesday. Thankfully I keep spare pushers and do not need them repaired urgently as my dealer did not have the parts I required in stock. Another contractor had come in and purchased all of these bottom brackets that they had so he could weld up one of his year old Arctic sectionals.Same problem as we have.... If you would like his information pm me.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
  10. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

I would like to ask you a question. Why do I detect a sense of irritation in your posts in respect to my choice of using this venue to get your attention and open a dialog of communication with you? I did not say anything bad about your product in anyway except that in our first real snow storm we put the pusher into we had break downs. Anything can be broken. It might be operator error. It might be a bad weld? It might be anything? Who knows???

I stated in my first posts (we have made a few about your product) we have been happy with the pushers but that I am concerned about durability. Do I not have a right to be concerned about our business and how Its conducted? How we will continue to get our work done? I am so impressed in so many ways with your pusher but I always ensure we have have backup when we try a new product. That is our way of ensuring we get the work/job done. This is how we do things.

If you want the truth about how I feel. I am disappointed the pushers broke down. I think a new pusher with 30 hours plowing time on it would have not let us down. This is my feeling, We are the paying customers and consumers. That is our right. Now I am sorry if you are unhappy with me for being disappointed in your product but look at this from our point of view:

1) I had to park a $100 000+ loader that I needed to plow more snow with.
    2) Our new sectional that I have been bragging about is broken and its still new IMHO!
    3) I have to divert another machine to finish the job the sectional didn't complete (I purchased a new pusher so I would not have this problem) and we were late making the customer unhappy.
    4) I had to get a trailer and go get a pusher from my shop and pay a man wages to do the transport it and buy fuel.
    5) My dealer was out of the same parts we need because somebody had already bought them all for his sectional pusher.
    6) The telephone number to Arctic did not work for me
    7) We will be spending our money to fix our new sectional (most likely)

So I made a post here to get in touch with you and I read your replies and I get this distinct feeling you think I am either an idiot or I have no right to post something that could be negative about your product. Well we paid for them (the pushers) and I am disappointed.and that is my right. I asked you to look into getting me some parts and maybe even giving them to me under warranty. I didn't ask for a new pusher or our money back or say its a pile of junk. I wanted to know if this is a common breakdown point and if you could help me out. A working relationship discussion was what I was looking for. Not the feeling that you are acusing me of lying about calling and informing Stewarts of our problem or your inference I am not intelligent enough to dial your telephone number properly! I am not trying to slam Arctic but I am disappointed and I want to fix this problem. I don't want a fight I want solutions.

I don't think I deserve to feel the underlying inuendo I read in your posts. JMHO

Vince McCauley
    Operations manager

11. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

Thank you very much Harold but at this time I will work through the channels outlined to me by the Arctic people. I think that is the best route for us to pursue. Thanks again.

12. Harold Finch

Harold Finch Member

Vince,

For two days now we know you need parts.. I do not know which parts, you have not informed me yet. Can you please PM me the parts you need and your e mail address? If you do not have the part numbers I can e mail you the parts list with part numbers. I will take care of getting Arctic to decide wether it is an operator error(most likely) or under warranty. With your loader how do you use the pusher, direct couple to arms? bucket mount? model and size is hd14?, Do you float your loader arms when pushing?, do you go over the acceptable speed limit for that pusher?

Thanks,
    Harold Finch,CSP
    Countryside Supply LLC
    Arctic sectional dealer

13. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

Thanks Harold. I will stick with the present path we are on right now. But to answer your questions (happily) The loader is one of our 621E Case machines. It is QA ( H&H pro 1000 series) we plow in 3rd gear about 8-10 mph. We do not plow in float we drop the arms until the slip hitch moves down drown from the top position about 3-4 inches ( roughly mid point of full travel). The pusher is a 14HD model and it has broken the studs/bracket out of the bottom of the push beam. The bottom rubbers/ poly are intact with the studs,stud plate/bracket and the bolts still attatched to the poly/rubber block (which is not broken or torn). The bracket seems to have torn out of the bottom of the lower push beam along a line of what appears to be a weld to hold the braket in place. The bracket is bent and mangled so I would need a new one and all the parts to go with it. Next week I think I will take it to our shop and pick it up with the crane and take some pics (If I have time). I am no longer in a big hurry for the repair. I am curious if anyone else has had this problem as another contractor (a friend of ours) Tore three of the same brackets out of the bottom of his sectional pusher (that is where all the dealers parts went). Anyhow I hope that answers your question. Thanks again Harold.

14. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

Thanks Dave, crap happens!!! :drinkup:

15. Harold Finch

Harold Finch Member

Vince,

Ok let me know if I can help. One thing I noticed that may be your problem is that pusher is designed for a max travel speed of 6mph. I am not completely sure but will research tmr.

HF

16. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Incredible post Vince!!! :drinkup:

I was in a similar situation 2 years back with a pickup truck blade, The mfg. thought I was a joke and didn't want to help or do much of anything, long story short, they now no longer even exist on this forum due to their lack of customer support and the terrible name they gave them self...

Hopefully Arctic steps up and straightens everything out the best then can to resolve your issues! You did the right thing by posting this on here even if the mfg. doesn't like your decision, this gives them the opportunity to step up and prove to everyone that they stand behind their product and make things right! A necessary quality for every company that plans to stay in business, whether it be mfg, service, sales, anything, the principle is very simple!

Best of luck getting those blades pushing again, If not, you can always be like me, Unload those blades to some sucker and buy a quality product where the mfg stands behind their product... I'd assume you already own a few of those.... And wish arctic the best of luck after you post up a few pictures and reviews of their product....

17. nepatsfan

nepatsfan Senior Member

It's funny how sponsors never get snippy about positive feedback but the minute you question a product the attitude comes out. Any piece of equipment, machinery, plows, snow removal equipment is going to have problems at some point, how the manufacturer handles the problem is huge. Treating someone in a way to intentionally belittle or infer that they are incapable of figuring out how to use a phone when they posted for help in a forum in which the manufacturer advertises and posts in is busch league if you ask me. A simple answer like I pm'ed you with my phone number, call me an lets get this problem resolved would go a long way. Just my $.02.

18. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

Ditto that!

19. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

Well unfortunetly I just recieved a report that we have another year old sectional broken down. I don't know what happenned to this one but I am just going to load another pusher and bring the newer broken one to the yard. Hopefully it isn't damaged too badly. The report is it has folded in on itself and is like a broken accordian. Wish us good luck.

20. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

Lets see some pixs of these?