1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wd-40 forum. Wha.wha.what???

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by cf1128, Feb 2, 2010.

1. cf1128

cf1128 Member
    from NH

I gotta get on the road, lucky enough that I have a job to do this week since there is no snow on the horizon here, I wish I had time to do this thread right.
    Listen, I understand capitalism, I understand paying the bills.
    But Mr. Adams... WD-40 full page ad on the back of your TURF magazine? I was eating my peanut butter and toast and took a sip of my hot black coffee, when I spit it all across the table and coated my poor Great Danes face with it sitting across from me as I looked at yesterdays mail. You gotta be... let's just say KIDDING me?
    For real? Well I am sure Dano was alerted and offered the back cover at a discounted rate first(sure, right) Or maybe the powers at be think FF is getting free press off the web site.
    Like I said, I wish I could go on and on but I gotta go take some trees down.
    I must say I thought it was funny, they must be feeling the sting of FF on an open wound.
    Is it just me or did I miss a WD-40 forum and get a free WD40 Tshirt or sample can in the mail.
    Chime in people, FF supports us, show some back.
    How can this only bother me? I hate sell outs.
    OK off to work, if my spelling and grammar sucks, I am still cleaning up the bad taste in my mouth

2. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

It is the fan support we get off this forum that makes it all worthwhile. I won't touch the politics of advertising on this one. I don't know what goes on behind the scenes, but TURF can allow anyone to place an ad if they want. It's just business and we don't take it personal.

It is obvious though, that we have done something right here. We love interacting with our customers and doing our best to provide a top quality product with top quality customer service. There is nothing as enjoyable as working a trade show with forum members coming up to introduce themselves. It is usually the best part of a show. You are a big part of what makes this job so enjoyable, and I thank you for your loyalty and support. We couldn't do it without you.

:drinkup:

3. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

Without plowsite, I would've never got a free sample can, or stickers, and never bought two cases of 24 cans after that, and never got my truck undercoated with FF, and never covered my brand new plow with FF.
    I'd still be using pb blaster, liquid wrench, and wd-40 on everything, and the truck frame would've got used motor oil again before winter.
    Thanks Dano and Joy for everything, I will never go back to the dark side!

-Brandon

4. Dano50

from CA

I think I like this thread! :D

If you really want to show your support, sign up for our fan page at www.fluid-film.ning.com and join the Plowsite group. We'd like to show the world what type of support we can generate. :salute:

5. cf1128

cf1128 Member
    from NH

Dano, did that long ago.
    Bottom line is this,you support who supports you.
    I don't give a flying Fluid Film what Adams or anyone says, you be loyal to whomever got you there>
    I may be totally wrong and if I am and WD40 has always advertised on here and TURF then I stand corrected. If I am Moosemedia or whatever this company is, and I have a Sponsor like FF who let's face it, does a lot for it's subscribers, (yes; all for their own good in the long run) then you don't sell a back page to their competitor for a hit and run. That is called greed. Sell them a whole page, sell them an inside cover, you don't sell the bread and butter to one of your best sponsors competition.
    Don't bother fighting me on this point. I am right(boy that sounds cocky) In my previous life I had plenty of experience in marketing and advertising and trust me boys and girls, they were sending a message. Either they don't think Fluid Film is spending enough, or there is something else going on.
    If I am way off, let me know... and if you agree, say something,
    Support those who support you.
    Step up.

6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Never would have heard of FF if I hadn't come on here. Great, great stuff. There really isn't anything you can't use it on. The only other product I use now is Deep Creep if I am in a hurry to get something apart. If it doesn't need to be done now, FF.

7. Dano50

from CA

I don't think I need to say anything. It's all being said by you guys! :laughing:

Thanks for the support!!! :D

8. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Hey you're alright Dano.

I don't care what Joy says about ya. :laughing: :drinkup:

9. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

So far at PS were sitting at a 600:1 loyalty value for FF!

Can anyone guess who the "ODD Man" left out is? ...................:laughing:

10. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Are his initials GP?

11. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

:nod:.......

12. Dano50

from CA

This just keeps getting better. :laughing:

13. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

i only live a few miles away from gp, maybe if you send me a can dano ill coat his truck when hes :sleeping: :laughing:

14. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Wy would anyone even use WD after they have used FF?
    FF is the best stuff on the market (bar none)
    WD must be advertizing the hell outta the stuff to make up for s l o w sales.

15. DugHD

DugHD Senior Member
    from Maine

I spray FF on my WD-40 cans to keep them from rusting because they sit on the shelf so much.
    ps- I think I just joined your FF plowsite section. Thanks for a great product.

16. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

I think Dano just found his "Signature Quote!" :drinkup:

17. cf1128

cf1128 Member
    from NH

Now that is funny

18. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

that right there needs some kind of prize!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

Thats great!!! :laughing:

20. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

love your avatar!!!!:cool::cool: