1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ways to increase pump output??

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by FisherVMan, Feb 28, 2010.

1. FisherVMan

FisherVMan Senior Member

Is there any adjustment on the lifting ability on these Fisher pumps????
    I ran into a situation with super wet heavy snow that was more than our V wanted to lift but dont remember my other V ever acting lazy with any kind of snow??? Kinda funny that this one seams to have MORE force when the wings come back than the first one had. But I have also thought it lifted a bit slower??? I have the quill set so the plow slowly goes down to the ground instead of just dropping but dont know if the two correlate in any way??
    Also my alternator only puts out 130 amps to one HD Battery and that seams to be minimal with all the lights and heater on etc . So again not sure if I am just flat running out of current to the pump or it is outta adjusment [relief valve??] Or when the thing is trying to stack that much wet snow it is just to GD much for the clyinder???? Just wondering it anyone else has had the same problem with the newer pumps??? Plow is a 09 model.:confused:

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

There is a pressure relief valve you can adjust. It's on the drivers side of the pumps manifold.

Xtreme V Mechanics guide

3. twgranger

twgranger Senior Member
    from .

Take the back platic cover off pump and the screw is right under the drop speed screw. You will need a flat head screw driver. Went 3/4 turns on all the plows and they are fine now.

4. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Before 517 gets here- its a pos and a Boss would never have this problem since they can lift a Mack Truck-seriously he read about it somewhere, and it rescued kittens from a buring building too.

But like Repo said, just adjust that pressure releif and you can lift the Ego of Boss owners.

5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

You would of course need Timmermans to lift a Mack truck with a Boss.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  6. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Hahahaha ;)

7. FisherVMan

FisherVMan Senior Member

I tryed just spraying some old red paint on it, I had, but it didnt do a GD bit of good!!!! I am sure that a Boss would lift aleast 10X as much. and never even dim the lights on the truck! The hinge pin would never wear, and oh yar if the hinge pin sleaves had a grease fitting on them, that would solve just about everything??? By the way how would having a micon of grease film around that pin effect bending it caused by smashing into a brick wall ??? I thought the issue was bending not wearing???
    Actually old 517 has stood the test of time pretty good on here, and with all this teasing he is doing pretty good; and is obviously just laughing about it all...................

8. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

If you don't think grease is that effective, stop greasing the front end of your trucks.

9. FisherVMan

FisherVMan Senior Member

Do these new trucks still have grease fittings on them?????? Tehe
    Still snowing up here and wind is now blowing it everywhere all at the same time! Wild and Wooly.