1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Waxing the plow

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by KingDuramax, Dec 1, 2005.

1. KingDuramax

KingDuramax Senior Member

What should I use to wax my plow? It hasn't had any thing put on it yet. Hasn't pushed snow either

2. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I used ski wax once, it seemed to work decent, but I found that a good coat of glossy paint will work just as well.

3. go plow

go plow Senior Member

i just spray the whole plow with silicone spray before a storm,,,,,, now im going to try fluid film, but it is a bit expensive!!! wd40 worked ok, i bought it by the gallon for about the same price as the fluid film( works great) and it comes with a refillable sprayer........

4. FIREMAN Q

FIREMAN Q Senior Member

Is it really necessary to wax or spray the plow???? Does it make that much of a difference???

5. kingriver

kingriver Senior Member
    from alaska

I have my own sprayer, bought it at auto supply store, anyway I mix up both motor oil, and diesel fuel 25/75 works well. It helps for the first couple plows. I usually wax them prior to putting them to bed for the summer,, :cool:

6. KingDuramax

Thanks for the help.

7. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Do we have any FALL LINE product reps on here?
    I believe they use to make a product called "GLIDE", it was basically a coating we used on all of our slope grooming attachments. It stooped snow from sticking to our blades & attachments, it was a little pricey but it worked. You just sprayed it on with a Pest-a-side sprayer and let it dry.

8. BreyerConstruct

BreyerConstruct Senior Member

If your plow's hairy enough to consider waxing it, it's time for a new one...

~Matt

P.S. I spray mine w/ silicone spray, but need to buy some Fluid Film.

9. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

LOL I'll have the Brazilian blade wax!!:drinkup:

10. KingDuramax

She was a virgin plow till this morning!! I like your humor though. Fluid film is on its way to me.