1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Waxed the snowblower today.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 4x4Farmer, Dec 12, 2006.

1. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

Ok, so I dident wax the snowblower, but I waxed the power unit on the front of it. If you look really close you can see the blower on the back. I dident wax the blower casue theres no paint left on it.
    [​IMG]

2. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

What on God's green Earth do you clear with that? An International airport? :eek:

3. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

No, just clear around the farm with it. We dont have a loader out at the farm, so we have to always use the blower. Thats acually a really small blower for that tractor. We're looking at trading it for a 9fter. Heres another pic

[​IMG]

4. killed300ex

killed300ex Senior Member

How come you take one of the dual wheels off? Nice looking rig though wish I had a tractor that big
    Evan

5. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

we take the duals off so its the same width of the snowblower. It still sticks out about 6 inches past the tires on both sides with just the singles on it. We used to have it on a smaller tractor so it was fine then, but we dont have that tractor anymore, so the 8930 was the only choice.

6. dilligafdog

dilligafdog Member

can we say over kill!!! nice tractor look ever better if it was green though. lol!!!:D

7. dilligafdog

dilligafdog Member

is that a gleaner combine in the background?? if so hows it work for ya??:salute:

8. 2500hdFisher

2500hdFisher Member

4X4Farmer thats a sweet lookin shop you got there on the farm wish i had that kinda roof clearance in my garage. There would be a lift in no time for truck maintenence. :nod:

9. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

you should coat that with eureka film

10. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

yes thats a 2003 Gleaner R-75 with all the bells and whisles! We like the machines. We also have a 98 R-72. The main reason we run them, is the one guy that works for us was a gleaner mechanic for about 10 years before he came to work on the farm, so we have our own personal mechanic and dont have to make those service calls.

11. TRUE TURF LAWN

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

so do you want a cookie or a medal?

12. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

man you got some awesome equipment out there it keeps getting better with every post

13. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

So do you use your dad's farm equipment for snow removal? I guess Im assuming its your dad's farm.

14. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

What kind of wax? :dizzy:

15. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Lol......Smart ass!

16. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

But .....I thought this was a post about waxing snowblowers?

If he is not willing to divulge the type of wax used on the internet he can PM me then. Thanks.

LOL

17. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

I waxed it using Meguiars, except for the top of the hood, I used turtel wax, just as a test to see which one was better, but they both seemed to be about the same. We'll see which one last longer though. No that is not my dads farm equipment. I am a full time hired man on a farm with no relation to the guy. He lets me use the shop and equipment as if it where my own though. I do snow removal for a compleatly differnt company. The owner of the company dosent have anything to do with the snow removal end of things, so another guy and I run that end of the business for him. And that also is not my company or equipment. I guess Im just lucky to work for people that have very nice equipment. So, no I do not want a cookie or a metal, I just know that some people like seeing pictures of our equipment, as do I of other peoples equipment.

18. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

Now I can rest in peace. :dizzy: :jester: