1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Water Proof Clothing ???

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by CowboysLC_DE, Feb 6, 2014.

1. CowboysLC_DE

CowboysLC_DE Senior Member

Alright guys, I hoping I can get some help late in the season here. I wear a Helly Hansen Jacket with a hood and Servus 12" fishing boots, but I can't seem to find a pair of Waterproof pants that move easily. I don't like to be restricted by bibs or the heavy material that my jacket is made from. There are a couple posts about clothing and most say to get Carhartt bibs. When I looked at the Carhartt pants online only the expensive ones had a few reviews 2-3 years old and they were mostly negative. I have used Frogg Toggs but they ripped yesterday and they weren't waterproof, my pants would still get damp. To Frogg Toggs defense they could have been knock-offs because I bought them on eBay 5 years ago and barely wore them.

If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appericiated. I've got a slushy mess headed my way in Northern DE this weekend it looks like. I will probably buy a pair of Helly Hansen's until I get some advice on other pants.

2. Triton2286

Triton2286 Senior Member

Well since you seem to prefer Marine grade clothing, try Aquaskins or Gill
  3. CaptainSmokey

CaptainSmokey Senior Member

Snow boarding pants they are loose/kinda baggy and water proof and warm.
  4. CowboysLC_DE

CowboysLC_DE Senior Member

Thanks guys, my fishing store brought in a different Helly Hansen model and they feel pretty good for $37. Im gonna try them for the weekend and if they don't work I like the design of Gill pants. I have to drive 40 minutes to the closest store but I guess that's not too bad.

5. whitegoldrider

whitegoldrider Member

Splurge and get the kind that are vented for those times that you work up a sweat.
  6. shawn_

shawn_ Member

Check out StomR products, their great the jacket is 100% water proof and so is the bibs.... their pricey but 100% worth it I wear the bibs and jackets every storm always bone dry and their 100% warmth the more you move you actually start sweating the bibs I wear just a pair of jeans underneath shoveling/snow blowing, and the jacket only requires a long sleeve T-shirt this is with 15 degree weather. They also make Beanies, gloves, and neoprene socks.

Its a weird product it is made out of wetsuit material but 100% insulated for the warmth factor, and like I said the more moving around you are doing you'll actually start sweating.

And the material is also 100% stretch proof meaning you have a lot of mobility this is definitely one of the best products on the market as far as 100% dry/warmth tops.
  7. NThill93

NThill93 Member

i have insulated carhartt coveralls. more than I ever need.