1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Water prof box for truck bed?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by green frog, Dec 1, 2009.

1. green frog

green frog Senior Member

Last season I lost some tools to rust. Just dont have room in the cab. Do you guys just put a tool box inside another box or actually have a waterprof tool box.
  2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Sears toolboxes are just about waterproof. The "holes" where the handle go do not leak through, and the cover fits nice and tightly. I have a couple and will be using one this year. I have a friend who kept all his plumbing tools in them in the back of his truck. No problems
  3. overtime

overtime Senior Member

I am sure most of the higher end truck boxes would be sealed pretty good. If not you can get the seal tape.

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

If you are just looking to throw some hand tools in a box and put in bed here is a small waterproof tool box.

If you are looking for a real truck bed tool box then look at the Delta line.
  5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

The problem you most likely have is condensation, not that your box isn't waterproof.

Even a waterproof box will still allow condensation.

You need some Fluid Film
  6. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Deltas are nice boxes, but spend a little bit more and get yourself a weatherguard. My buddy just got one not to long ago and it is nice and waterproof.
  7. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

The bed of my truck is usually full of snow. So I put my tool box in a Rubber Maid box and it is sealed. Like Mark said, there could be a problem with condisation. So spray them with WD-40 or Fluid Film. Of course FF is so darn slippery, it maybe hard to hang on to your tools.
  8. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

There's someone with the right idea. :nod:

I had a delta that I outgrew, went to a weatherguard. I'll never be going back to anything but a weatherguard now. Box is built much stronger then the Delta I have.