1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Water Leaking Inside Cab Of Truck

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by NITROBRIAN, Mar 5, 2003.

1. NITROBRIAN

NITROBRIAN Junior Member

I HAVE A 1981 CHEVY P/U AND WATER IS LEAKING IN THE CAB.I PULLED THE VENT OUT ON THE PASSENGER SIDE AND THE WATER IS COMING IN FROM THERE.I CAN'T SEEM TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO STOP IT.IT LOOKS LIKE IT'S COMING IN FROM UNDER THE COWL SOME WHERE.ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.THANKS IN ADVANCE.

2. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Welcome to Plowsite!:drinkup:

On future posts, please tap your caps lock button, posting in full caps is frowned upon here. Thanks!

At the bottom of the vent compartment there should be a drain with a rubber boot, check to see that this is not clogged. This would allow the water to back up and enter the cab.

3. nben

nben Senior Member

I've seen quite a few trucks of that era with rust problems in the cowl and under the windshield gasket, especially in the lower corners. Any rust holes? Check closely under the windshield gasket. The drain holes that Pelican is talking about are under the front fender behind the tire. We used to rinse ours out every season.