1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

water in the passenger side

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by PLOWMAN45, Feb 8, 2006.

1. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i have 2000 chevy 2500 i get water in the passenger side from a heavy rain storm anyone else have the same problem
  2. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

If it's the older style like my truck look for trim screws in the plastic cowl covering on the passenger side. 2 of them go directly into the heater box and will alow water to drain onto the floor.
  3. dirt digger

dirt digger Senior Member

Had the same problem in my 1997 Nissan...it molded up the carpet so i replaced it with the black vinyl floor covering. Turned out the previous owner must have replaced the windsheild and the seal wore out.
  4. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Check that and also check your roof lights (if you have them) recently our 99 2500 wrecker started leaking from the seal on the roof.
  5. CHPL

CHPL Member

Check to see if it is coming in from the door panel and dripping on the sill plate. I have seen water drip inside of the door off the bottom of the glass onto the speaker. It then travels down the speaker to the panel and comes out between the panel and the door.
  6. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i think its a newer style of that 2000 year